Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jmb5160

starting accutane...when do u stop using all other crap

im thinking about starting accutane....how far in advance do you have to stop taking oral antibiotics, and topicals when starting??im currently on mino and applying differin topically.

really sick of bs that doesnt work...i think im ruining my skin my applying all these chemicals, and adding the $$ from all the topicals and cleaners, accutance isnt that much cheaper.

I thought I would be smart and use the BP regimen to help shorten the horrible initial breakout I was having. Entire sheets of skin started peeling off of the area around my mouth. It was really embarrasing and was 10 times worse than just having zits alone. Stop using everthing as soon as you start using accutane. Let it do it's thing, and just try to remember how great your skin will look in 4 months!

I thought I would be smart and use the BP regimen to help shorten the horrible initial breakout I was having. Entire sheets of skin started peeling off of the area around my mouth. It was really embarrasing and was 10 times worse than just having zits alone. Stop using everthing as soon as you start using accutane. Let it do it's thing, and just try to remember how great your skin will look in 4 months!

Well, I didn't actually start using the BP until my skin broke out really bad, maybe a month into accutane treatment. I wasn't really expecting it to get as bad as it did. So I thought that the BP would just speed things up. About 2 weeks into the regimen the skin around my mouth was really bad. Exfoliating, moisturizers, vitamin e oil did nothing. I could't wear makeup to cover up the breakout any more, and I ended up at a chili peppers concert, so embarrased by how I looked I couldn't even enjoy the music. It looked like I had a skin disease. So that day I just stopped the BP and within a day or two I was fine. You should just stop using everything else. Get a mild face wash - I used philosophy purity made simple - and stick with that. As your skin dries out as it should with the right dose, you will not want to use anything harsh or extra drying. Get some AHA moisturizer too. Think of this as the first time in your life that you have to really pamper your skin, especially now that the winter is coming.

My dermatologist gave me clindoxyl to use as a spot treatment with the accutane. It has some BP and it dries up my spots, but I really do not like how it leaves the red marks afterwards. :(

I told him I didn´t like using it but he still tells me to apply it on the active acne. blahhhh.

i cant remember where i read it, i think in one of the many warming pamphlets they give you when you are prescribed accutane. It said that taking tetracyclins while on accutane can increase the chances of brain inflammation wich can lead to blindness and other serious issues.

i was on mino, benzaclin, and differin before i started accutane. my derm had me stop everything three days in advance.

i cant remember where i read it, i think in one of the many warming pamphlets they give you when you are prescribed accutane. It said that taking tetracyclins while on accutane can increase the chances of brain inflammation wich can lead to blindness and other serious issues.

i was on mino, benzaclin, and differin before i started accutane. my derm had me stop everything three days in advance.

I was on Minocycline 50mg a day when I was prescribed Accutane and the day before I wanted to finish the minocycline pills so I took a bunch twice a day. I think I had about 1000mg for 2 days before Accutane of Minocycline.

Not my smartest moment.

I was on Minocycline 50mg a day when I was prescribed Accutane and the day before I wanted to finish the minocycline pills so I took a bunch twice a day. I think I had about 1000mg for 2 days before Accutane of Minocycline.

Not my smartest moment.