Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GorilaSnot

Hair and Acne

Does anyone tend to notice a relation between their hair length and their acne?

I just started the regimen a couple weeks ago, but i have been growing my hair out. My acne tends to clear up when my hair is shorter, almost bald. Id liket o eb able to have hair tho. Does anyone think there is even a connection between the two? Also, would washign your hair every day keep dirty stuff from your face? or just irritate your skin?

Does anyone tend to notice a relation between their hair length and their acne?

I just started the regimen a couple weeks ago, but i have been growing my hair out. My acne tends to clear up when my hair is shorter, almost bald. Id liket o eb able to have hair tho. Does anyone think there is even a connection between the two? Also, would washign your hair every day keep dirty stuff from your face? or just irritate your skin?

Hair length doesn't affect acne. What affects acne is hair in contact with the skin. Washing one's hair daily shouldn't be a problem as long as you keep the shampoo off your face as much as you can.

I agree, although with me as I tend to sweat alot my forehead tends to get really greasy when I have product on my hair. I've stopped using product completely now as it makes me feel uncomfortable. I wash my hair with head & shoulders classic, it's good stuff and doesn't seem to irritate my skin at all. (It's best to have a good shampoo as there always seems to be some shampoo in contact with the skin around your hair line.) It's important to keep your hair as grease-free as possible, one way or another it finds its way to your skin - be this through sweating, through unintentionally touching your hair then touching your face, or even by means of unintentionally sleeping with your face touching the pillow whilst sleeping.

I always thought that hiding my acne behind my long hair would be a good way to feel better, but it only gets worse. Most people with acne have greasy skin, and greasy skin always means greasy hair (if you don't shower often)