Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iludmik

St. Ives Apricot Facial Scrub Every Day Log.

So basically i used everything from Proactive too using Lasers... Nothing really worked im hoping this regimen will finally cure it...I was gonna go microdebram.. or w.e its called lol but i didnt want to waste money..

My Skin as of Right Now

--------------------------------

1.Blemishes

2.Alot of clogged pores

3.Bad skin texture

4.Alot of redmarks on cheeks and jawline

5.Couple of pimples

Regimen

------------

1.Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Facial Wash (2-3 times a day)

2.St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemishes & Blackhead Control (1 time a day)

3.AcneFree Benzoyl Peroxide 3.7% as Spot on Treatment (2 times a day)

4.Aloevera Gel 99% (2 times a day)

5.Baby Powder (to reduce the shine after the aloevera gel)

Diet Started Nov.26 2007

--------

Omega 3 Fish Oil 1000mg (6 pills a day)

Calcium + Vitamin D (2 pills a day)

Melatonin with Vitamin B6 (1 pill a day)

Vitamin C 500mg (2 pills a day)

Omega-3 Supplement with Vitamin E (2 pill a day)

Masturbating

-----------------

No comment lol

Day 1 : Most of my acne are gone, Just alot of redmarks... 1-2 pimples forminng on my left jawline..

http://i8.tinypic.com/6o4b8jq.jpg

Day 2 : Started using St. Ives Facial Scrub Blemishes & Blackhead Control, was worried when i heard from a couple of people that its too harsh for sensitive skin... but it worked great for me! Skin texture improved alot from just 1 use... I can already feel the difference.. but alot of new acne forming on my left cheek and on my jawline :/

Day 3 : Skin textured improved more.. my face is a little less red, only really noticable too my eyes.. and my inflamed pimples going down.. but face still dirty lol

Day 4 : Left side jawline acne, inflamed pimples decreasing, right side jawline pimples gone.. just redmarks ugh... my skin texture looks the same and its my 3rd day using the scrub..

Day 5 : My jawline acne basically died down, now i have those redmarks WTF!! :evil:

I still have the redmarks on my cheeks (the aloe vera doesnt seem to help but i only used it for about 6 days so we will see)... My texture looks alittle better, but still under flourscent light, my skin looks dark and dirty.. ill post pics tomorrow! ;x

Oh ya i still got those 2 big ass pimples on the left side of my cheek but its starting to die down.

btw i been using that St. Ives Apircot Scrub Blemishes & Blackhead Control every nite... it doesnt dry,irratte me or nothing... i LOVE this thing!! my skin texture looks alot better i used it about 4 days in a row now (Didnt use it yet its only 9:22 PM remember im in S.Korea timezone difference).

UPDATE: FUCK! I got a huge ass pimple on the right side of my cheek!! AHHH its red and bumpy, and its probably the bigges tpimple i had in a while..

Day 7 : Skin looks alittle bit more cleaner, not as oily, the texture seems the same (but it did improve over the last week) The jawline acne is basically gone... just red marks ugh!

My mother commented me today saying my face looks alot cleaner today.. which made me happy :) then realized my skin isnt that good still so haha :X Still only 5:45 PM here in S.Korea ill report later tonite...

Day 8 : Not sure skin still looks the same.. depressed how my bodyskin looks soo smooth then my face looks all bad with uneven texture and UGH!! :(

P.S. sorry for posting too late at 2:30 in the morning was out.

Parents just left for USA for a month hopefully my skin will be good by the time they come back.

Day 9 : Havent washed my face yet ( only in the morning) but my face looks dirty, but the girl i have feelings for complimented me again saying i look different today sayin i look good today... maybe shes interested in me?? anyWho... I really cant tell right now so ill say same skin texture but i grew a pimple on the skin below my nose and above my lips.. it sucks..

Cant post pic cause my parents took the digital camera.

Day 10 : Just woke up its like 2 PM in the afternoon ugH.. i noticed something dramatic today my skin texture was awesome!! Probably the best i seen in years.. but i got this huge ass pimpe above my lip on my right side.. UGH! i look like cindy crawford lol.. my left side cheek is fairly clear, my right side cheek i gained 1-2 new pimples.. Also my redmarks seems to be fading VERY SLOWLY..

just be careful with that St.ives stuff...it worked well for me but once acne got out of control it just irritated it

Day 12 : Good news is my skin texture looks alittle better with less blemishes and less clogged pores, bad news is... hmm nothing really im just tired lol its 3 in the morning and i gota work all day tomorrow at 11 UGH good nite.

Day 13 : Sigh bad news i got a new pimple on my right side dome.. my skn texture looks a litle worse today probably cause of stress of work gg...

Hope it improves.

Day 14 : Skin looked alot more promising today...alot of new pimples are starting to die out.

Havent been really taking the supplements like im suppose too lol.. anyways im out peace.

Day 17: Sorry for not posting last nite im very very stressed out only got 5 hours of sleep, and i got into a fight at work and yes i mean physically luckily ppl were their to hold us down.. so no bloodshed, i landed 1 punch on him in the jaw.. other than that nothing.. No new acne or pimples but my skin texture looks bad today.. maybe cause of the stress...

Day 18 : Posting at 3 in the morning my face actually look worse, after a fight at work, we fired the 2 workers.. and now i work full time.. and i barely get enuff sleep i been sleeping at 3-5 in the morning and wakin up at 9-10 so my face looks alot worse the last 2 days :( i need more sleep.

Day 19 : I Dont see improvements in the last week.. which really sucks :( I just wanna rip my face with a razor blade and put a new pair of skin on top of it sometimes lol.. FOOK! :9

Im stressed and really tired goodnite.

Day 20 : Called in sick today at work (which was bs btw) so i could get a good nite sleep. I slept at 3am and woke up around 2 in the afternoon, skin looks better then yesterday, but i gotta sleep early today because of work! No new pimples.. just the skin texture is bugging me all the old pimples and redmark are slowing (YES i mean literally SLOOOOOOWLY) fading lol.

I just read all your posts and you are clearly stressed about your skin! I'm a medical esthetician and work for a dermatologist and can tell you to KNOCK OFF THE FACIAL SCRUB....as in DON'T DO IT....as in EVER. That stuff is CRAP. Sorry to be brutal but I'm dying here reading your posts.

Facial scrubs are the worst thing someone with pustules or inflammatory acne can do. SO irritating to the skin. You can improve the texture with alpha or beta hydroxy acids.

Have you even seen a dermatologist? Too many people try to self-diagnose their skin and use the strangest products only to make things much worse.

1. See a dermatologist

2. Don't pick

3. Get away from the mirror

I work on clients/patients all day with acne and can tell you that your current skin regime is not going to fix your problem. Often a retinoid/topical antibiotic combo is needed and depending on your grade of acne, maybe even an oral antibiotic as well.

Those red marks (post inflammatory hyperpigmentation) will fade in time.

There is no one way to treat acne and derms aren't magicians, they can only try different prescriptions or regimins to see what works for that individual patient. Acne is managed, not cured and some people have unrealistic expectations that their acne will clear up in a few days, or weeks and become disappointed when it doesn't, then say their doctor is a quack and didn't help them.

I can only tell you that using an abrasive facial scrub is not recommended for someone who has pustules or inflammatory acne. It can actually make your acne worse.

Alpha Hydroxy acid is glycolic acid. Beta Hydroxy is salicylic acid. Glycolic works on the surface of the skin, breaking up those dead skin cells. Salicylic (and best for acne) penetrates deeper, working on sebum and oils that clog pores.

I find that clients/patients who spend a lot of time looking in the mirror tend to be pickers, too.

I'm just trying to offer some suggestions that might help. I, too, had chronic acne which is why I went into this line of work.

3 Weeks! : Hmm my skin seems to look alot better today, the texture is mildy improving, no new pimples expect a new one that just poped out of nowhere on my forehead.. :(

Gonna go eat some pizza then hit the hay ( i know pizza when i have acne? lol)

There is no one way to treat acne and derms aren't magicians, they can only try different prescriptions or regimins to see what works for that individual patient. Acne is managed, not cured and some people have unrealistic expectations that their acne will clear up in a few days, or weeks and become disappointed when it doesn't, then say their doctor is a quack and didn't help them.

Day 22 : Face looked great this morning but by night time my face looks little worse.. hopefully it be better by tomorrow gnite.