Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snack

So sugar's fine in the presence of fiber?

How does that relationship work exactly?

Random example: Okay, I have some dried apricots here. 1/4 cup has 3 grams of fiber and 22 grams of sugar. How much fiber does there have to be to create a balance there?

Oh, and another quick question: Is fruit juice really bad? Because I tend to drink orange juice in the morning and, uhh...I like it. >.>

The more fiber the better when it comes to high sugar foods. I have done large doses of fiber with high sugar meals and it helps a lot. However, if you are still sensitive to sugar, it will only help, not more than maybe 30-40% reduction for me, but still that was significant.

If your orange juice contains HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup) then I would stay far far away from it.

so i say i decide to indulge in some cookies around the holidays, would chugging some flaxseed and eating other high fiber foods like beans be helpful, at least to an extent?

Soluble fiber (but not insoluble fiber) should at least lower the glycemic index of any carbs that you eat along with it.

So basically, have a good source of fiber whenever you have a high sugar or high GI food.

Check.

what are the best sources of soluble fiber?

also, which type of fiber is better for constipation? soluble or insoluble? bc sometime s i notice fiber makes me go and other times it constipating me so im wondering if its because of the type of fiber im consuming.

also, which type of fiber is better for constipation? soluble or insoluble? bc sometime s i notice fiber makes me go and other times it constipating me so im wondering if its because of the type of fiber im consuming.