Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snack

Are fish oil supplements really worth taking?

I've heard they can have a negative impact on LDL cholesterol. And just surfing around via Google I'm noticing that a lot of people think the cons to taking these supplements definitely outweigh the pros.

You guys are probably more informed than I am. Are they really worth it?

Fish Oil is something thats 50/50. I heard good things about fish oil like glowy dewy skin but I also heard that fish contains mercury which is a heavy metal and well it'll be best to do a heavy metal detox or chew on cilantro.

:)

Yes, it's worth it. DHA and EPA are important for healthy living in so many ways, and 99% of people are deficient in them.

Fish Oil is something thats 50/50. I heard good things about fish oil like glowy dewy skin but I also heard that fish contains mercury which is a heavy metal and well it'll be best to do a heavy metal detox or chew on cilantro.

Not all fish oil contains mercury! Just look on the label and see if it says something about it being tested for mercury. The only 2 fish oil companies I know that are mercury free are "Nature Made" and "Nordic Naturals"

Nordic Naturals fish Oils are the best out of all the brands

I dont take Nature Made fish oils anymore but I do take their Vitamins. Their Vitamins are great too.

Fish improves cardiovascular health, your immune system, reduces the chance of mental disorders later in life, and is an anti-inflammatory -- which is good for your heart and skin.

One of my favorite benefits of fish oil is that it keeps you lean. Fish oil mobilizes body fat, increasing the amount energy used from body fat.

Fish oil contains DHA and EPA, omega 3 fats seldom found in our diet. Without these, our body uses a sub-optimal replacements for cell membranes, nerve cells. They're not as efficient and elastic.

As for mercury, just make sure it's molecularly distilled. Men should get formulas that have more DHA than EPA because estrogen allows women to convert EPA to DHA more so than men.

This isn't hollistic/unproven. There is hard science confirming this. Most doctors will encourage you to eat fish or take fish oil.

If you aren't eating a lot of fish, you should supplement.

And they usually make supplements from small, non-predatory fish that are low in mercury in the first place.

How can fish oil improve cardiovascular health if it's been proven to raise LDL cholesterol? And what if you're ALREADY lean? =P

If anybody could recommend a particular brand for a 21-year-old male, I'd be grateful. And what's the daily dosage supposed to be?

How can fish oil improve cardiovascular health if it's been proven to raise LDL cholesterol? And what if you're ALREADY lean? =P

If anybody could recommend a particular brand for a 21-year-old male, I'd be grateful. And what's the daily dosage supposed to be?