Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eminem1023

accutane and hair?

so im a guy but normal have longer surfer type curly hair and i recently got a hair cut...like the secind since starting accutane back in may and my hair is shorter but looks dry and damaged and just disgusting i hate it, im just wondering if this could be a side effect cuz ive been on accutane for a while now? i am clear by the way since like month 3 1/2 so about 2 1/2 months perfectly spotless thank you!!

my hair is shorter but looks dry and damaged and just disgusting i hate it, im just wondering if this could be a side effect cuz ive been on accutane for a while now?

Yes, drier hair is definitely a side effect of accutane.

When I was taking it, there was a noticeable reduction in the oiliness of my hair - happened at the same time as my skin reduced in oiliness.

I'm surprised that your dermatologist didn't point out that this was a side effect, when prescribing the accutane.

I'd suggest using the mildest shampoo you can find, and using oil to condition your hair, if it is very dry.

mmmmm most of the time i dont even use shampoo because i normally have drier hair so yeaa im on my 6 month tho and this is really the first time ive noticed this side effect

Hi -

Yep, drier, limp, and thinning a little. Noticed it in month 6 (I'm on low dose Tane). I use very good shampoo (and shampoo less) and hair masks. It still is lifeless. Hey, my skin is clear though since month 2 !! :)