Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leet

Been on regimen for about 2 months. not helping

Right now my face is horrible. I have 2 big pimples on one cheek, one on my forehead (and i hardly get em on my forehead) and one on my other cheek.

In the mirror after i washed today my skin looked so discolored its sickening. Scars just looked darker.

Here is what i use.

Purpose liquid soap morning and night, proactive BP in the mornings (due to not flaking up or getting white), purpose moisturizer mixed with aloe gel, and at night i will use OXY 5% bp instead of the proactive... and sometimes just before bed i dot on mint julep mask to the pimples but it didnt seem to calm them down last night.

So what the hell am i doing wrong? I drink water at work, and nothing but... even at lunch. on weekends i will drink soda.

Advice needed? Should i stick it out or what?! its like my face never changed... at one point it was showing signs of getting better but maybe its being stupid cause my time of the month is just about here?

Wait it out a few weeks to see if there's any improvement and then go and see a dermatoligist is what I would do.

You probably have gotten better but you just don't realise it...

Also, you're supposed to use lots of BP. A lot. And 2.5%, not 5% from what I see you're using.

Stick more closely to the regimen, as least when you're new--

no aloe vera, no mint julep mask, no Oxy 5% bp. Once you're clear and the regimen has been working effectively for months, feel free to experiment with different variables and see what happens.

Right now my face is horrible. I have 2 big pimples on one cheek, one on my forehead (and i hardly get em on my forehead) and one on my other cheek. 

In the mirror after i washed today my skin looked so discolored its sickening. Scars just looked darker.

Here is what i use.

Purpose liquid soap morning and night, proactive BP in the mornings (due to not flaking up or getting white), purpose moisturizer mixed with aloe gel, and at night i will use OXY 5% bp instead of the proactive... and sometimes just before bed i dot on mint julep mask to the pimples but it didnt seem to calm them down last night.

So what the hell am i doing wrong? I drink water at work, and nothing but... even at lunch. on weekends i will drink soda.

Advice needed? Should i stick it out or what?! its like my face never changed... at one point it was showing signs of getting better but maybe its being stupid cause my time of the month is just about here?

Definitely stick religiously to the regimen. You can't say it hasn't worked if you don't follow it to the letter. Print it off and take it into the bathroom with you. This will really help you. You should use the 2.5% morning and night. Don't mix the moisturiser - use it exactly as stated in the regimen.

Hope this helps.

OK i will try to follow it better but i didnt think aloe would interfere... and the mint julep is if I have a big ass zit

i have a ton of extra BP 2.5% lying around (proactive) thats still ok to use right??? it doesnt clump like on the spot does

*starts over*

Oh and to clarify you DO NOT have to use a bar (as Ludacriss highlighted) a liquid cleanser is fine, and in fact some like it better (less drying). I personally still use the Purpose bar because I feel I rub way too much and too hard with the liquid cleanser because I do not see it lathering.