Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sweetheart519

extractors

I'm mostly clear now, but I seem to get a always have one or two very stubborn whiteheads on my chin. And they last for MONTHS, very slowly getting bigger. Eventually (I'm talking months later, and usually because I'm just tired of seeing them there so I mess with it) they get inflammed and go away. However...I was thinking about trying an extractor on these things, to help clear the pore and hopefully avoid the eventual inflammation. Anyone used them? I saw them for sale at Ulta...

I tried an extractor recently for blackheads and it worked nicely. The advantage of using one is that you can apply pressure very precisely, so you clear the pore more thoroughly without irritating the surrounding skin as much. Extractors are pretty inexpensive (mine was $15 from amazon I think), so you may as well give one a shot. I will warn that if you have sensitive skin, or if you have to press hard during the extraction, the extractor may leave a red mark that lasts a day or two. You may want to try it out over a weekend.

This is the one I have:

http://www.amazon.com/ForPro-Double-Comedo...4071&sr=8-1

I have the tweezerman extractor and do not like it at all. It just irritated my skin even more, and caused red spots. Maybe I just have thin, sensitive skin though, so it might work well for others.

i have a slight non visible to the public "bump" but i feel it next to my nose.. skin-color, tried with the thingie that zxcv linked to, nothing happens as far as anything coming out... but for the next 3 days i have a red mark the shape of that "tool".

I thought extractors are only good for blackheads and not inflamed acne? I could be wrong.

Youre not wrong. Those extractors were not meant to be used on whiteheads, only on blackheads. If you want to pop a zit, just wrap your index finger in paper towels and pop

I have the tweezerman extractor and do not like it at all. It just irritated my skin even more, and caused red spots. Maybe I just have thin, sensitive skin though, so it might work well for others.