Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heybuiwassup

Shaving causing me to have this acne?

Hey so my acne is pretty much on and off. Ive had short periods of time when my face is completely clear, then it all it takes is one bad shave and I'm back to the usual problems with acne for a few weeks. Sometimes it compounds because I'm not able to shave when I have acne, etc. I tend to get a lot of pustules around my mouth. Does anyone have any tips on how I should shave, what kind of exfoliants I should use? It seems like no matter what I try it doesnt seem to work. Ive been on proactiv for a while, and it worked well at first. I think it may still work, I'm not sure, because my shaving tends to cause a break out. I just need some pointers in putting together a good shaving routine so that it doesnt cause me to break out.

Anyway, this is my current shaving routine and products...help me if you can!

Wash face with warm water.

Exfoliate with St. Ive Apricot Scrub

Apply King of Shaves Aloe Shaving Cream

Use Gillette Fusion manual razor

Rinse with cold water

Apply Pro Activ Toner

Apply benzoyl peroxide and moisturizer if needed

I have also considered buying an electric shaver, but I'm not sure if I should get a dry shaver or a wet shaver...

Someone help me out!

Why don't you check out the shaving advice section to see if that helps: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#shave?

Cam >B)

Hey so my acne is pretty much on and off. Ive had short periods of time when my face is completely clear, then it all it takes is one bad shave and I'm back to the usual problems with acne for a few weeks. Sometimes it compounds because I'm not able to shave when I have acne, etc. I tend to get a lot of pustules around my mouth. Does anyone have any tips on how I should shave, what kind of exfoliants I should use? It seems like no matter what I try it doesnt seem to work. Ive been on proactiv for a while, and it worked well at first. I think it may still work, I'm not sure, because my shaving tends to cause a break out. I just need some pointers in putting together a good shaving routine so that it doesnt cause me to break out.

Anyway, this is my current shaving routine and products...help me if you can!

Wash face with warm water.

Exfoliate with St. Ive Apricot Scrub

Apply King of Shaves Aloe Shaving Cream

Use Gillette Fusion manual razor

Rinse with cold water

Apply Pro Activ Toner

Apply benzoyl peroxide and moisturizer if needed

I have also considered buying an electric shaver, but I'm not sure if I should get a dry shaver or a wet shaver...

Someone help me out!