Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Since I changed my diet I've noticed quite obvious changes to when I go to the toilet.

Not going in to graphics here, my question is what should it look like in an ideal healthy person that is expelling properly? I'm concerned all is not as it should be...

Lol can't believe I'm asking this :)

My poo comes straight outta WWII. Gunfire is everywhere. Splatter and noise surround the base. There is nothing smooth about it. You gotta be on watch for others and use a silencer like the bathroom fan or faucet to cover up the mess that is about to happen. They say when it rains, it pours. When I poo, I take the toilet and the entire bathroom to school.

My poo comes straight outta WWII. Gunfire is everywhere. Splatter and noise surround the base. There is nothing smooth about it. You gotta be on watch for others and use a silencer like the bathroom fan or faucet to cover up the mess that is about to happen. They say when it rains, it pours. When I poo, I take the toilet and the entire bathroom to school.

In all seriousness, you don't need to be worried unless the following things are present:

#1 blood (always bad, go to doctor IMMEDIATELY)

#2 a new weird color that can't be explained by food. (I mention this because I once ate a bag of this really weird blue licorice and my poop looked decidedly smurfish for 2 days)

#3 a burning sensation that is not caused by dry skin at the anal opening

#4 coming out the color black; this means lots of blood and you need to get to the ER soon

Aside from those points, I wouldn't worry. And yes what comes out of your body will change after what you put in it. Especially if you're adding lots of new green things and lowering carbs. Things will be more liquid like and "frothy" for lack of an explanation. All is normal.

Grab a mag and go relax in the bathroom!

Just poop into a cup, and have somebody else eat it, then have them barf it back into your mouth. Then you can barf it back into their mouth. If it smells like poop and barf, then you are fine.

In all seriousness, you don't need to be worried unless the following things are present:

#1 blood (always bad, go to doctor IMMEDIATELY)

#2 a new weird color that can't be explained by food. (I mention this because I once ate a bag of this really weird blue licorice and my poop looked decidedly smurfish for 2 days)

#3 a burning sensation that is not caused by dry skin at the anal opening

#4 coming out the color black; this means lots of blood and you need to get to the ER soon

Aside from those points, I wouldn't worry. And yes what comes out of your body will change after what you put in it. Especially if you're adding lots of new green things and lowering carbs. Things will be more liquid like and "frothy" for lack of an explanation. All is normal.

Grab a mag and go relax in the bathroom!

Just poop into a cup, and have somebody else eat it, then have them barf it back into your mouth. Then you can barf it back into their mouth. If it smells like poop and barf, then you are fine.

There is a search function and this has come up quite a few times before. heres a cut and paste job from my last couple of posts on the subjects. Heres the thread if you want a long read More Poop Talk

The floating issue is a non issue, float or sink can mean different things - it is not an indication of how healthy you are

This is more of a scientific question than a medical question. Whether something floats depends on whether it is lighter than the amount of water it displaces (floats) or heavier (sinks). So, whether your body makes a 'floater' or a 'sinker' on a particular day doesn't necessarily reflect whether it is healthy or not.

As you say, a 'poo' that is high in undigested fibre sometimes floats, especially as fibre is more porous and often contains small amounts of gas trapped inside - but, if an individual's body is good at processing its wastes, even a fibrous poo can be squeezed down by the bowel into a dense poo which, although being just as healthy, may sink.

In illness, a body that has trouble absorbing fats will make a greasy 'floating poo', whereas one that contains a lot of animal proteins or blood will be a 'sinker'. There are many other factors that contribute to the make-up of healthy poo - colour, texture, look and smell. I encourage your group to keep talking and thinking about your bodies' health.