Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Girl24

Insulin Resistance vs. Food Allergies/Intolerances

The Cause  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the cause of your acne?

• Insulin Resistance
    • Food Allergies/Intolerances

What you should really add to the poll: "Hormones"

People start getting acne when they start puberty, and that's not a coincidence. You could've had a terrible diet, food allergies, stressful life, or even insulin resistance prior to puberty and most likely not have had any acne. It's just that those things can worsen your acne during puberty and beyond because your body is having enough trouble dealing with the lots of hormones that it'll be creating until your ooooold. We're just unlucky that our bodies can't deal with it like the clear-skinned peoples' can.

But HORMONES are totally and strictly related to diet and what you eat.

Not only that. But whether your growth will keep your hormonal activity balanced or whether your growth will results in unbalanced surges of hormones depends on your diet and food too. In fact the KIND OF GROWTH you'll experience depends mostly on your diet and food you eat.

I don't agree with you on this, unless you can answer the following questions:

Why do children with terrible diets not have acne?

If diet totally controlled hormone levels, children would have acne. I've never seen it.

Why does acne usually only start when puberty starts or has already started (some people experience a delay in getting acne)?

It seems logical that your body knows it's time to enter puberty, thus the creation of more hormones and growh cells. Basically whatever it needs for this phase.

From your response, it seems you're implying that hormone levels are indicative of diet in all phases of life (infant -> death). If that were true, acne would be present as soon as a bad diet was introduced, which is not the case in children.

I agree with you that diet does have an impact on current hormone levels and even an impact on how much hormones could be produced by your organs, but I don't agree with you if you're saying that diet dictates overall hormone levels and creation.

I agree that diet has an impact on grown, that's an obvious observation. I also do agree that diet has an impact on how soon or late a person starts puberty, but like I said, I do not believe that diet totally controls hormone creation by your body, unless you can provide the facts to back it up. If facts do exist, the more I learn about this, the better!

People start getting acne when they start puberty, and that's not a coincidence. You could've had a terrible diet, food allergies, stressful life, or even insulin resistance prior to puberty and most likely not have had any acne. It's just that those things can worsen your acne during puberty and beyond because your body is having enough trouble dealing with the lots of hormones that it'll be creating until your ooooold. We're just unlucky that our bodies can't deal with it like the clear-skinned peoples' can.

Not only that. But whether your growth will keep your hormonal activity balanced or whether your growth will results in unbalanced surges of hormones depends on your diet and food too. In fact the KIND OF GROWTH you'll experience depends mostly on your diet and food you eat.

If diet totally controlled hormone levels, children would have acne. I've never seen it.

Why does acne usually only start when puberty starts or has already started (some people experience a delay in getting acne)?

It seems logical that your body knows it's time to enter puberty, thus the creation of more hormones and growh cells. Basically whatever it needs for this phase.

From your response, it seems you're implying that hormone levels are indicative of diet in all phases of life (infant -> death). If that were true, acne would be present as soon as a bad diet was introduced, which is not the case in children.

I agree with you that diet does have an impact on current hormone levels and even an impact on how much hormones could be produced by your organs, but I don't agree with you if you're saying that diet dictates overall hormone levels and creation.

I agree that diet has an impact on grown, that's an obvious observation. I also do agree that diet has an impact on how soon or late a person starts puberty, but like I said, I do not believe that diet totally controls hormone creation by your body, unless you can provide the facts to back it up. If facts do exist, the more I learn about this, the better!

food intolerances can develop at any stage, and typically they come out as hives, ezcema or other types of reactions. if you continue to eat foods you are allergic to you continue to build up inflammation in your body and for whatever reason it comes out as acne later on.

i dont know why this is, but i know for me, my acne was food related since after elminating foods it's cleared up.

food intolerances can develop at any stage, and typically they come out as hives, ezcema or other types of reactions. if you continue to eat foods you are allergic to you continue to build up inflammation in your body and for whatever reason it comes out as acne later on.

i dont know why this is, but i know for me, my acne was food related since after elminating foods it's cleared up.

Given that you know you have food allergies, did you have acne before you started puberty?

Though unproven, I believe that it's hard for some people's circulatory system to regulate hormones (liver, etc..). It seems our bodies can do a good job of handling a bad diet and allergies, but when more hormones are introduced, our circulatory system can't handle it (too many things in the blood to take care of, so it ends up being handled by the pores in our skin). Puberty comes along and now our body elevates the amount of hormones being created by our organs.

Most peoples' circulatory system can handle this, they have clear skin. They probably have a terrible diet, most don't exercise, so why change? Those who can't handle it have to reduce the amount of things in the blood that need to be regulated, otherwise it'll be handled by the pores. Why can't our body handle it? A few reasons, but mainly genetics. Not everyone is created equal, whether it's our eyesight, hearing, or our organs that handle the blood. The only choice is to live with it and help your body by changing your diet, exercising, reducing stress, etc.

But getting back to my main point. Introducing an elevated level of hormones in the blood when the organs cannot handle it is what I believe the root cause to be. The evidence is that acne is extremely rare in children, and that is when hormone creation level by our organs is at a minimum.