Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
knarfnetsirk

Starting Accutane

I'm currently in the process of going on Accutane (Sotret). I have to wait 30 days for the Ipledge to go through though.

I've suffered from acne since I was 14, I'm 20 now. I haven't had health insurance for a while, and I'm sure like many on here I've tried many other products that never worked.

I plan to upload photos once or twice a week on this log, so if there's anyone out there that's starting accutane around the same time I'd like to know!

It's been awesome finding out about this drug, I just wish I would've known about it sooner such as 3 years ago when I had health insurance, and acne.

I hate going outside, and being around lights just like others on here, I'm sort of depressed and stressed as of lately, so I hope accutane doesn't enhance those crappy feelings.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm depressed because of my acne, I'm not sure. But I know for damn sure once I'm on accutane and things clear up on my skin, I will be a lot happier. I just am feeling so impatient, I want to go on it now! :P

Well I hope to hear from others on here, it's awesome reading everyone blogs on here.

I'll be posting photos once I start in the next few weeks. Alright take care everyone!!

I just started today officially. I'm at 30 grams of Sotret. I'm so excited.

I can't wait to officially stop ruining my mothers towels with benzol peroxide. I've made her throw out around 20 towels probably, due to bleaching them! haha!

NO MORE yeah!

I'm so excited.

I'll be posting up date photos. Possibly once a week, or a few times. So if anyone would like to continue to read my blogging adventures with accutane go ahead, I don't really want to post photos, but I came on here to see what kind of difference it's done so I'm sure many of you would like to see the same.

BTW, what are some good products to buy? any suggestions?

Thank you!

Today is day 3 for me. Oddly before going on accutane, my acne before starting 3 days ago settled down for once, in about 12 months. I have broken out less, mainly due to eliminating a few stresses. Such as an abusive relationship.

I hope I can keep him out of my life, because maybe that's why my acne consistently got worse, its still there, but I don't have as many large cysts.

I'll try to post photos tomorrow.

Day 3, and I don't really see or feel anything. Had a few pimples, but nothing bad.

Does anyone here smoke weed while taking this drug?

Day 4

And today nothing different really. Dry lips. Weird dreams as of lately. I have crying spells, but I've always had those. missing my ex. But I know it's best he stays out of my life.

Anyhow, haven't broken out bad at all. Right before going on this medication my face cleared up like there's no tomorrow, with the exception of blemishes that have always been there.

Here are some photos from Week One, day 4 now.

I'll be putting photos up weekly, most likely.

I hate doing it. But I know I come on here to see photos of others, so I'm sure others would like to see it. I didn't know it was so bad!!!! this is why I hate CAMERAS!!!!! :(

post-64255-1198051682_thumb.jpg

post-64255-1198051682_thumb.jpg

Hey! Yours doesnt look as bad as mine does trustttt me. lol.

good luck!

Ah, I guess that makes me feel better? LOL I don't know. I would like to know if anyone out there has photos of similar acne to mine, and what they look like now off accutane?

Hey! Yours doesnt look as bad as mine does trustttt me. lol.

good luck!

Ah, I guess that makes me feel better? LOL I don't know. I would like to know if anyone out there has photos of similar acne to mine, and what they look like now off accutane?

Day 5

Today nothing different. I had a rash problem prior to this medication, but it seems to be bringing it out more. Every night I moisturize but I find myself in bed, scratching till I have welts, it's very irritable. Problem I've always had lately though. So who knows I can deal with it, I guess.

Nothing different, I still have a few normal pimples popping up in odd areas. I use aveeno face wash, and philosophy moisturizer. Lips are chapped and that's about it.

I still have my crying spells, not sure if its the medication, or side effects of an emotionally abusive relationship, any how, as time progresses I hope things get better.

Day 6

Tonight I'm really feeling the heat! My lips feel super chapped. Less blemishes ALREADY. I don't know if eliminating something really bad for me, that gave me tons of stress was a good or bad thing. Day by day I realize my strength, and I realize more often than not I'm not crying in a corner or worried what I say is wrong to say. I don't know if removing a manipulative, and narcissistic human from my life has benefited bumps on my face. but I can honestly and openly say to anyone wanting to try this medication, or finding the wrong problems in your life then so be it, because something is working I'm just not sure which one. I'll have to most more photos, I wish though that I had some from right before I stated accutane. My face was so bad. Now that I do not talk to him I realize I've got a brighter future ahead.

My lips are dry.

Facial oil has decreased dramatically.

My hair feels weird. I've always had a scalp problem, (another thing I'm self conscience about) I have like bumps and it itches a ton.

I think most of my issues are due to stress.

With the combination of accutane (for the acne I've always had prior to stress), and now with the combo of taking this medicine, and reducing the amount of issues in my life, I believe I'll be clear in no time. I'm so excited. I feel like I have a new life!!! :P

Day 8

Today is the 8th day, and I have had about 3 pimples pop up in the past few days.

To make this short and simple, nothing big has changed, my face is less oily at times, some blemishes have subsided, but overall my face looks like shit still.

So, I'll keep crossing my fingers, and hopefully these "IB" breakouts don't get any worse.

I have had allergies, and prior to taking this medication I would break out in itches and welts, and this medication seems to bring it out more. Last night I spent 30 min scratching myself till my friend forced me to take benedryl, I skipped out on my dosage last night because I had alcohol, and I heard it fucks you up if you do it with both, I don't drink at all, and I only had a glass of wine, so I don't know, I just wanted to play it safe. Plus I was high, so I'm sure, weed, benedryl, accutane, and alochol make you fucked up. Because driving home I nearly crashed from just being drowsy, and not sleepy. - Not safe.

HAHA.

Anyways, things are better it seems at times other times it doesn't seem that way, but over all I know in the end things will be better after I'm done with this medication.

My mom is one of those herb freaks, where theres a herb for a cure for anything. And so growing up she never took me to the dermatologist because "it didn't matter" "they don't help your acne" and I've slowly come to learn on my own, that there is hope..

So besides the fact my mom disagrees with my medication she can't do anything about it, I'm 20 and pay my own bills. So any how, hopefully everyones christmas goes smooth.

I hope these pimples go down, one on my forehead is hurting like hell!!!!! AHHH

I'll up date photos tomorrow most likely.

Tatta-

Accutane worked for me, exactly as expected too. I've got under a month left to go.

In the first month and a half it got worse as the bacteria starved and died (Accutane greatly reduces oil production in the hair follicles where the bacteria live) and came out (not very gracefully... as pimples).

After that it got better and better. All I have now are some small pimples on my cheeks under each eye and I've watched that area slowly get better.

For me the first two weeks were the worst. I felt and looked pretty bad, but TRUST ME it gets so much better.

I am now on the home stretch to dreamland where I don't even have to think about it.

Keep chapstick on you at all times, maybe eye drops, moisturize morning and night, AND PLEASE DON'T POP ANYTHING.

Again, don't pop anything! Don't even squeeze anything. Your skin has the healing power of a dead person when you're on Accutane.

I recommend putting Polysporin cream (not ointment unless you can't get cream) on each pimple. It moisturizes and prevents infection, which is really what exaggerates scarring.

Please, for your sake, be as kind to your skin as you can be while on Accutane.

I don't believe smoking weed has affected anything really. I have anxiety issues, and am going through a bad breakup, and its for the best I break things off with my ex, so my anxiety should slowly go away, I'm sure because he was the cause of it.

But I don't believe weed really gets in the way of accutane, I haven't noticed anything different at all. Last night I nearly crashed, since I had accutane, benedryl, some alochol, and weed in my system. I just got done with finals this week, and just hung out with friends for once, and payed pictionary, and smoked. So really I don't "party" hard or anything, and I doubt weed will hurt you while on accutane!

Do you smoke?

---

Fiber-

Thank you for your insightful post. With popping pimples I will need to cut down on that, I have.

Is it okay to use benzol peroxide 2.5% while on accutane???

Polysporin cream, where can I get that?

I don't believe smoking weed has affected anything really. I have anxiety issues, and am going through a bad breakup, and its for the best I break things off with my ex, so my anxiety should slowly go away, I'm sure because he was the cause of it.

But I don't believe weed really gets in the way of accutane, I haven't noticed anything different at all. Last night I nearly crashed, since I had accutane, benedryl, some alochol, and weed in my system. I just got done with finals this week, and just hung out with friends for once, and payed pictionary, and smoked. So really I don't "party" hard or anything, and I doubt weed will hurt you while on accutane!

Do you smoke?

Honeybee-

Wow, I got strange dreams too the first few days and through out the whole week, I'm on day 9, and not much has differed, besides a few bloody noses, and less blemishes, with a few extra huge painful pimples. I feel its working already, but I'm sure theres more pimples to come.

Yeah...just take care of myself, he was a jerk anyways, and only guilt tripped me thats why I'm feeling like everything is my fault when it's actually his. You are right, it is a worth issue, and time will make pain go away, I got my whole life ahead of me.

I'm not sure if smoking heightens what I believe I might have *depression, I haven't gone to the doctor for it, I don't want any pills for it, because I know I can be happy, I just have to eliminate my stresses and problems, I don't want medication for it even though I probably should, and weed you are right might open up more doors then needed...but it helps me at times, so I'm not too sure, I know when I'm content with my life I'll probably stop!

Thanks for the words of encouragement, how far along are you?

Day 9

The past few days I've woken up with a bloody nose, not a bad one, just dried up blood and crud in my nose! ewww!

I've had a few huge pimples pop up in weird spots, but the healing time is less, and I bought polyporin to put on them, and it seems to be working well on the pimples!! thank you for suggesting that fiber, I believe?

Any how, I'm seeing a big difference in my blemishes, and cysts, I haven't had any cysts come up at all, and the other ones either are gone away, or are just marks waiting to go away. so it's great. It's weird right before I started accutane I was so excited, and relieved, maybe thats what made my acne go away prior to accutane greatly. It wasn't fully gone, but I hadn't seen my face that clear in like a year, so now that I'm on accutane, I hope to rid it for good. But I remember all the times my face started to clear then bam a week later cysts, and luckily I haven't had any, it's great.

I'm so exciteeeeeeeeeed........!

Day 10

Cons: Just semi-chapped lips (60 total mg day)

Some hair is falling out, I'm a tad snappy, maybe its due to my period HA!, vision problems at night, I almost drove off the side of the road!

Pros: Less blemishes, no new cysts in a whole MONTH!,

I've seen a drastic difference in my redness, and I do not get any cysts, only pimples now.

I truly believe in eliminating your stresses has a direct relation with your acne.

After leaving someone after 3 years of miserableness, I now am happier, and have less acne prior to accutane, now with the hopes of an answer for my acne, I also believe it's almost worked like a placebo, in that now I feel content knowing I'll be okay.

I believe it's virtually affected my hormones, in that I'm not as stressed.

It's a great feeling knowing something that bothers you so self consciously will soon be gone!!!! As I know many will agree. Here are some recent photos!! from the past 4 days.

post-64255-1198538990_thumb.jpg

post-64255-1198538990_thumb.jpg

Day 11

Today, no new pimples so far, nothing, which is awesome. But I'm sure I'll break out soon. It's too good to be true.

Pimples on my face from this past week, are going down. My body aches. And everyday for the whole week I've had a bloody nose.

My body aches, and my mom doesn't want me on this medication. Ha!

Nice results already! Congratulations. Also congrats on getting out of an abusive relationship!

Don't even consider going back to him. AND keep your self-respect up so you can notice any other such people before you get too greatly involved with them.

good luck! I found coming up to week three to be the worst for me so far. Weeks 1 and 2 were fine, loked liked things were getting better. Week 3...oh dear.