Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ktown18

Accutane with mild acne

What are your guys experiences with accutane and mild acne?

I am one week into it and I've had a couple monster whiteheads but no big breakouts, not really any improvement though. Any thoughts as to when I can expect some improvement,

my face is also super oiley, perhaps worse than before, has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

So I am five days into my accutane treatment and already experiencing red skin, has anyone else experienced it this early, and how long did it take to die down?

Hey...I can't help to answer your question, but I also have mild acne and am thinking about accutane, so I am interested in your experience with it. Since your acne is mild, are you on low dose? What is your dosage per day and how much do you weigh?

Hey...I can't help to answer your question, but I also have mild acne and am thinking about accutane, so I am interested in your experience with it. Since your acne is mild, are you on low dose? What is your dosage per day and how much do you weigh?

Hi there. I can't really answer you question because it differs for most people. But if your acne is mild, probably you will see improvements by about the end of 1 month that is if you don't have the IB. I cleared up within 2 weeks but don't count on that and get your hopes too high. As for getting oiler, that is normal, most of us had the same effect but as you continue your course, you will find you skin getting dryer and dryer so prepare yourself. Other then that do you have any other side effects?

Thanks for the details...and yes please...keep me posted...or at the least I will be checking up on you once in a while. :-)

I noticed you're from Ontario, where in Ontario?...I'm from Toronto.

I don't think I would call 60mg a low dose, but I think more of an average sized dose for your weight. I'm a bit reluctant to go on accutane b/c 2 of my friends went on it when they were younger and their IB was so bad that they didn't even want to leave the house...zits and cysts even in their ears! But everyone is different and they were probably just one of the unlucky ones. Best of luck to you...and looking forward to hearing your progress.

Thanks for the details...and yes please...keep me posted...or at the least I will be checking up on you once in a while. :-)

I noticed you're from Ontario, where in Ontario?...I'm from Toronto.

I don't think I would call 60mg a low dose, but I think more of an average sized dose for your weight. I'm a bit reluctant to go on accutane b/c 2 of my friends went on it when they were younger and their IB was so bad that they didn't even want to leave the house...zits and cysts even in their ears! But everyone is different and they were probably just one of the unlucky ones. Best of luck to you...and looking forward to hearing your progress.

hmmm. i dont think ur on low dose bro. at 60 mg a day.

i weigh 65 kgs. and im on 30 mg a day. and my derm says he thnks i shud stay on 30 the hole course =/ or max it out to 40. nothing more. since my acne is prety mild. my first week was so gud. then on my second week i got a breakout, which was prety bad. but 1 week later it calmd down. and so far things arnt so bad.

Just started accutane. 1 week in so far. Im at 60mg and weight 160. So far no huge IB a couple, but nothing to fret. Face cheeks feeling dry, and lips are starting to get that way. I put lotion on last night and my face was so itchy from teh cetaphil.

Just started accutane. 1 week in so far. Im at 60mg and weight 160. So far no huge IB a couple, but nothing to fret. Face cheeks feeling dry, and lips are starting to get that way. I put lotion on last night and my face was so itchy from teh cetaphil.

i had mild acne (mild to others, major to me!!)

i am female, 115lbs (ish), started at 20mg, bumped up to 40 in month 3.

read my blog for deets.

i say, give it a try. yes, the ib can be bad. i felt awful, but in retrospect, it wasn't as bad as i thought. after i was on 40 for a month, no more flare ups.

good luck to you.

severe? not at all man. I have extremly mild compared to some pics ive seen on here. I thought I had it bad with maybe 3-5 or somthing like that but, its just they are presistant. My face seems way oilly to dude. It was dry, then I put cetaphil on and I was way itchy, I think it was because the mositurizer was working, but cetaphil looks oilly to when you put it on.

yeah flossy, I know exactly what you mean. 1 or thousand acne still has the same effect on you

i too am 1 week into accutane. i weigh 160 lbs. taking 80mg daily..my acne had been pretty much under control (mild) for a while but never really CLEAR =( once it started getting moderate, i decided to go on accutane..despite my strict eating habits (no dairy, no sugar, no fruits, eat vegatables, no grain except for rice, low sodium, no red meat) i wasn't able to accomplish Clear skin hence my action to go on accutane.although im still eating the same while on accutane.im 25 btw...what facial cleansers and moisturizers are u guys using? and what do your diets constant of?

diets dont affect my acne and in my opinion food affecting acne is a myth....but i use cetaphil cleanser and a moisterizer by aveeno because it has spf too...on active acne i put emu oil and polysporin because it takes away the itch and helps to heal the spot and cause less red marks. I am 2 weeks into accutane.

diets dont affect my acne and in my opinion food affecting acne is a myth....but i use cetaphil cleanser and a moisterizer by aveeno because it has spf too...on active acne i put emu oil and polysporin because it takes away the itch and helps to heal the spot and cause less red marks. I am 2 weeks into accutane.

My skin also got more oily than before, rather than dry.

I now use the Cetaphil lotion and Anti-bacterial Soap as the ONLY external products. My skin is doing much better, though I have some red marks which are more apparent because Accutane seems to make my skin a bit lighter than it is, I have really no active zits that are on my face, just like 2 on my jaw area but Iam leaving them alone because they are not even noticeable.

I've been on Accutane for about 8 pills now. I noticed healing of my light scarring from just previous acne take a bit longer to heal, but I don't mind because I know it's doing me overall good.

I eat everything and anything. I try to stay away from alot of sugar. After about 4 pills i got 2 new whitheads, but they are gone now/fading. Whats the aveeno product called? I think cetaphil is good, but i want SPF. So far I feel good and looking better. I am a little worried about all the flushing posts, and that stuff.

You guys shave regularly? Ive been holding off, looking kinda grizzly atm. What products yall use to shave? razor or electric? cream, jel or dry? lol

Hey there...

I had mild acne when I went on accutane and I still had an IB. It went away after a couple weeks and I'm on month three now, almost month four. Except, I still get small breakouts..I'm hoping they will stop soon.

Hey there...

I had mild acne when I went on accutane and I still had an IB. It went away after a couple weeks and I'm on month three now, almost month four. Except, I still get small breakouts..I'm hoping they will stop soon.

When I started accutane with mild acne, I got a major breakout within first two weeks. It is linked with my previous topical retinoid treatment, i think. After a month of a therapy I could see some progress.

My dosage was 40mg (weight is 50 kg), started in June. Now I am taking 20mg per two days; this is the last month.

Too bad, there is no warranty that everything won't return :(

I expected my face will be completely clear after accutane, but this was only a dream.

When I started accutane with mild acne, I got a major breakout within first two weeks. It is linked with my previous topical retinoid treatment, i think. After a month of a therapy I could see some progress.

My dosage was 40mg (weight is 50 kg), started in June. Now I am taking 20mg per two days; this is the last month.

Too bad, there is no warranty that everything won't return :(

I expected my face will be completely clear after accutane, but this was only a dream.

I two have mild acne and the first month was horrible to me that is. I broke out really bad but they were just tiny bumps under the skin really looking at me you couldnt see them. The only place that you could see them was around my chin and above the lips (weird). The second month I started to clear up and now my skin is really smooth I still have little breakouts but I am only in my second month so I expect that. Did anyone else have like a major amount of blackheads surface and just come right out. I know that sound gross but during the first month i could feel that it was working pulling stuff out of my skin but now i have nothing but dry lips and my derm has even doubled my dose to it make know sence to me.