Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dadondada

Verilux on dark skin..??

Hey everybody --

I have mild-moderate acne and have been to the dermatologist a few times. I've gotten all sorts of topicals, pills and even tried the regimen for at least 2 months now. Nothing seems to be working well and I've been looking into the verilux red/blue light system. However, I have darker skin and want to know if it will be just as effective and not cause my skin to get any darker?

I have ordered a dermastyle lumiport pen instead of opting for this as my breakouts are now just one or two pimples in the same location so I am hoping this pen will be exactly what I need to combat the problem.

My question is still the same though but I guess I'll be answering it myself.. I will report progress for everyone else

I don't see there being any problem in terms of darkening your skin. If anything i would say you will see a reduction in your skin colour. My face is always paler than the rest of my body now and the lamp makes any tan fade faster than normal!!