Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've had acne since 5th grade. I've been on antibotics basically my whole life, acccutane 3 times. I quit taking medicine 2 years ago since, since then my face is at it's worst and i'm 27.

Just a few years back I was getting stopped on the streets to model, now I feel like an ugly duckling. I hate the fact that I must be vain and shallow.. it's just I feel sick.. like I am always dirty. Every single pore is a blackhead, including in my ears.. my skin is really light toned so everything shows.. it's effected my social life, my career, my relationships..

I feel like no one understands and when I express my feelings of pain this is causing me I feel so shallow and selfish.

I was just visiting my family and mom says out of the blue, why don't you go back on accutane...

i felt like someone stabbed me in the heart.

I can't afford it, I don't have health insurance, and my body can't take any more rounds of accutane. Plus it always comes back...

Am I alone with this feeling?

There is always a solution and as soon as you lose hope, you let the acne and the depression beat you.

Have you tried other avenues to treat your acne? Holistic and natural paths work well. I have recently started taking Evening Primrose Oil and it has cleared my skin enormously. Can you go and see a dermatologist? Have you made attempts to change your diet?

There are so many good ideas on this board and it has helped me so much in overcoming not only my acne but also my sadness about it because there are so many other people suffering too.

Really try to look at other options of treatment from the forum here because there is bound to be something that can help.

I've had acne since 5th grade. I've been on antibotics basically my whole life, acccutane 3 times. I quit taking medicine 2 years ago since, since then my face is at it's worst and i'm 27.

Just a few years back I was getting stopped on the streets to model, now I feel like an ugly duckling. I hate the fact that I must be vain and shallow.. it's just I feel sick.. like I am always dirty. Every single pore is a blackhead, including in my ears.. my skin is really light toned so everything shows.. it's effected my social life, my career, my relationships..

I feel like no one understands and when I express my feelings of pain this is causing me I feel so shallow and selfish.

I was just visiting my family and mom says out of the blue, why don't you go back on accutane...

I can't afford it, I don't have health insurance, and my body can't take any more rounds of accutane. Plus it always comes back...

You're definitely not alone. Acne is affecting my life in every way. I don't think I'm vain or shallow for letting it affect me so much though. I don't mind acne in others and don't judge people based on that...but I let it define who I am on a daily basis. I guess I'm my own worst enemy.

Anyway, you are not alone. Many of us feel exactly the same way. I hope things improve for you (and the rest of us) very soon.

hah i thought u were a chick. no offfense. it was the name,

anywho yea been there mate. been fucking there. still is here tho. GRAND!

I am a women! Yes, I have short hair... but I am 100% female.

It's definitely affected my life as well, and i'm only 16. I was -loving- life up until the beginning of my sophmore year, when I started getting acne. Now, i've lost interest in nearly all of my hobbies, I can't stand going out, and i'm awkward in social situations. I don't feel like doing anything I like until my skin clears, which is pretty pathetic.

By nature i'm (or, rather, was) the witty, snarky type, with a lot of self-esteem. Now all of that is gone, and I have no self confidence what-so-ever. Maybe my case is just hormones, and it'll all go away, but I just want my life back.

I know what u mean by being stabbed in the back....and alot of ppl tell me just to let it be and give it time but theydont understand how much it effects my life and psychological health....definately got very deppressed cus of it....its good that ur finding a network of ppl that can relate to you....dont give up!

I feel your pain, i got offered to do a model type photo shoot for B. Republic once. Got this card, gave this guy my number and eventually ended up turning it down. O well, f the model world, they are all so vain. And it only teaches people to hate themselves.

Ya i was on accutante too. I know how great it was at the time. And after my 6 months was over, i thought my acne was gone, but slowly but surely my acne came back. Then it got even worse then it was before accutane.

Me and my sister are basically the only ones in my family struggling with skin problems. Me way worse though. Ya acne sucks, but honestly the best thing for me has been drinking lots of water, and only washing my face about 2-3 times a week.

I wash very gently with water at other times, i try not to use really hot water because it can really damage your skin, n make it oily. I use vaselines complexion lotion with alpha hydroxy vitamin a e. It has really cleared my skin and is actually getting rid of my scars, it feels good. I hope things work out for ya. And remember its best to fight acne from the inside out. Eat Healthy!!

nope, you are not alone. i know exactly how you feel. ive been dealing with acne for 10 years now. it totally ruined my adult life in so many ways. my acne has improved greatly in the past 3 months and im now about 95% clear (thanks acne.org). my life has soooo changed for the better since ive been clear. so dont give up- i suffered for years but there was light at the end of the tunnel. it can happen for you too. hang in there :)