Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nooblet

for those with acute anxiety, panic attacks..need advice on supplments.

I've been trying to find more info on the following supplements, GABA, 5-htp and Sam-e. I know they work for some people, but not for others, I've been diagnosed with social anxiety/phobia and chronic panic attacks, tried antidepressants, but unhappy with results due to sideeffects, so I wanted to give these a try.

has anyone had success with any of these? I've tried herbal supplemets like st.johns wort, valerian, kava kava, etc, it didnt do a whole lot.

I had a best friend who had all of the symptoms described above. He started using 3 tablespoons of pre-ground flaxseeds after reading about it in a medical journal.

Within 2 weeks, all symptoms were gone (I was amazed).

It was published several years ago that flaxseeds rival traditional medication for anxiety, depression, panic attacks and a multitude of other conditions.

A bag of ground up flaxseeds is $5 at the local grocery store in the health aisle.

I've been trying to find more info on the following supplements, GABA, 5-htp and Sam-e. I know they work for some people, but not for others, I've been diagnosed with social anxiety/phobia and chronic panic attacks, tried antidepressants, but unhappy with results due to sideeffects, so I wanted to give these a try.

thanks, I feel like the problem is much deeply rooted then just mere depression/phobia, it surfaced when I moved to U.S at the age of 12, going through all the changes of adjusting to new environment, language, losing friends took a toll on me, but its still hard to understand because I have a sister whos a year older then me, but she managed to bounce back and get in the game right away, making aquintances, fitting in , etc. While I on the other hand became quite withdrawn, and my mood shifted drastically making me grow pessimistic and bitter every day, I'm suspecting hormone imbalance might have played a part in it but I dont know to which extent. High school was very dreadful to me, I have never made a single friend or attempted to, I ended up eating lunch in the bathroom and spending the rest of the time at the library burried in books. Overtime the anxiety became unbearable, physical symptoms arising on daily basis, heart palps, shortness of breath, suffocating, neausea, I started skipping classes in college and throwing up on daily basis because my nerves were so out of whack. I found myself crying everynight. Began overeating, gained weight. Decided to go to a shrink, the usual chatter, lack of understanding, he prescribed antidepressants, they curbed my panic attacks but left me feeling very numb and apathetic towards everything, I switched to a different drug, made me dizzy and gave me bad earache. I decided to wean off them and never looked back. Began exercising daily, cut out junk food completely, no sodas, low carb, whole grain diet with fruits/veggies, water, lost 15 lbs, feeling better about that, but no difference in anxiety or depression. As of now I just feel very exhausted all the time, I dont exercise regularly, but go for 3-4 miile walk with my dog, helps me escape a bit. I dropped out of school and I know I need to go back, but the thought of it makes me sick in the stomach, I dont remember the last time I have been out with anyone, people irritate me and I hate pretenting to fit in. I started volunteering thinking it will give me a sense of purpose, and make me forget about my own depression, though it does bring some comfort, it hasnt been a cure. I completely lost all interest in opposite sex and dating, no libido, became rather slobbish, spend a lot of time at home, sleeping or watching tv.

I'm so tired of living at this point, I dont feel like going on anymore. I wish there was something to look forward to, but I cant find it. I know I cant just pretend to live like this because this is not living, and I know better. I dont remember what its like to be happy anymore. I want to start all over, but I've started so many times with no results that I feel like giving up.

I dont know what to do anymore.

thanks, I feel like the problem is much deeply rooted then just mere depression/phobia, it surfaced when I moved to U.S at the age of 12, going through all the changes of adjusting to new environment, language, losing friends took a toll on me, but its still hard to understand because I have a sister whos a year older then me, but she managed to bounce back and get in the game right away, making aquintances, fitting in , etc. While I on the other hand became quite withdrawn, and my mood shifted drastically making me grow pessimistic and bitter every day, I'm suspecting hormone imbalance might have played a part in it but I dont know to which extent. High school was very dreadful to me, I have never made a single friend or attempted to, I ended up eating lunch in the bathroom and spending the rest of the time at the library burried in books. Overtime the anxiety became unbearable, physical symptoms arising on daily basis, heart palps, shortness of breath, suffocating, neausea, I started skipping classes in college and throwing up on daily basis because my nerves were so out of whack. I found myself crying everynight.

I still suggest pre-ground organic flaxseeds... since it balances out hormones. ;)

I'm verrrrrrrrrrry sorry to hear about your problems, nooblet.

Make sure you have your trace minerals and minerals.

Flaxseeds are always in the news for "curing" some problem... so it might help... even a little :).

danny- thanks for listening, I always felt hypersensitive to some extent, especially with being able to read body language rather well, hearing what people whisper on the other end of the room, my taste is a bit refined, I notice things then nobody else in my family can, some fish tastes weird to me, like theres a chemical taste to it, I cant eat it. Other times I've avoided foods that had a hint of something, but I didnt know what it was, and a lot of people got food poisoning, so I might be genetically predisposed to be extra senstitive to things, which unfortunately doesent always work to my benefit. The biggest struggle is the inability to fit in with people my age, I find materialistic things to be meaningless and time consuming, I dont care about compulsive shopping, partying, drinking, etc. Its rather empty and serves no particular purpose besides gaining acceptance from the peers, who are often lost and unbalanced in their own existance yet manage to pass judgement on everyone else. I'm much more content being alone, going for a walk in the park, or just laying in the field and looking at stars. Nature and animals have always been a source of comfort to me and thats where I end up escaping in the end. Deep inside I'd like to believe that there are still good people out there, but its difficult to find quiet souls among the rest.

As far as nutrition exercise go, I try to eat well, usually eat organic flax cereal from natures path, different types ( with raisins, granola, hemp, etc) and organic milk, I love herbal teas and have a variety of those I drink depending on my mood, alfafa and mint is very soothing, rosehips is refreshing also a good source of iron and vitamin c, rooibos, calendula, etc. I dont drink sodas or coffee, try to avoid drinking caffeinated tea. I eat whole grain bread only, theres this small bakery nearby and they make the most delicious wheat bread in a loaf, its all natural and they dont use any additives in it. I drink plenty of water. During the day, I usually cook different grains, couscous, brown rice, wild rice, barley, quinoa, etc, make salad with spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers and organic fat free italian dressing and usually cook some skinless/boneless chicken in a bit of soy sause to flavor. For sweets, I usually have couple pieces good quality dark chocolate( no hydrogenated oils) or a low fat cookie.

In the evening, I usually make a small sandwich and a tea. Thats about it. It slightly varies, instead of grains, chicken, salad routine, I'll have soup instead, or chicken dumplings, but I do try to eat salad daily as well as some fruit.

Supplement wise, I'm not regular with it, but I do take fish oil time to time and bee pollen. I do like to learn about nutrition in my spare time and dont believe in taking synthetic forms of vitamins because it could built up to toxic levels in our bodies and puts extra strain on immune system, instead I tried an excellent suppelement called Power for life, which is made from whole live green foods and is really great, but pretty expensive, so I cant afford it at the time. I noticed my skin started clearing up and became really soft and glowy after 3 weeks of using it, but I ran out of it shortly after.

With exercise, I used to do yoga on daily basis, but became bored with it, so now I go for a 1.5 hour walk daily instead and the gym time to time, but it really spikes up my anxiety so I dont go there a whole lot.

As far as flax seed goes, I consume quite a bit of it in my cereal, so I dont know if it would help to take it seperately, but I'll give it a try.

I forgot to add, tv is definitely an issue, I think we as humans always find a way to escape reality which offers us immidiate gratification, whether its tv, internet, overeating or otherwise, its a difficult habit to break. I used to go to movie theatres twice a week, being inside , watching the film made me forget about the mundane reality. I dont anymore, though its still a problem at home.

Sleep is a struggle for me, it takes me a good 1-2 hours to fall asleep and I often wake up due to nightmares, falling, drowning, trying to run away from something. I've been drinking this special herbal tea blend which helps me relax, so it helped some.

sorry for all the typing :(

I have suffered from depression, severe panic attacks and suicidal tendencies. Today all of those problems are gone.

It went away as soon as I cut most sugars and starches out of my diet and replaced them with animal fats and protein.

Vitamin D and Depression <- worth reading. As Danny said go in the sun. And/or take a vitamin D supplement.

Low-fat diets are associated with increased rates of depression, psychological problems, fatigue, violence and suicide. (Lancet 3/21/92 v339)

Nooblet, the best thing for sleep is magnesium. I have struggled for years with insomnia, but if you take quite a lot of magnesium (ie 4 tablets) when you go to bed, and read for a while, its much easier to fall asleep.

And sweetie, life can be damn tough sometimes, but you are clearly a beautiful and intelligent soul. The worst thing to do when you are depressed is to be in the house by yourself. It makes the internal chatter of loneliness a lot louder. Try just doing something easy to begin with, like taking a yoga class or whatever, and finding people who are on a similar wavelength to you, and who appreciate you. I know its harder than it sounds sometimes, but its worth it.

danny- thanks for listening, I always felt hypersensitive to some extent, especially with being able to read body language rather well, hearing what people whisper on the other end of the room, my taste is a bit refined, I notice things then nobody else in my family can, some fish tastes weird to me, like theres a chemical taste to it, I cant eat it. Other times I've avoided foods that had a hint of something, but I didnt know what it was, and a lot of people got food poisoning, so I might be genetically predisposed to be extra senstitive to things, which unfortunately doesent always work to my benefit. The biggest struggle is the inability to fit in with people my age, I find materialistic things to be meaningless and time consuming, I dont care about compulsive shopping, partying, drinking, etc. Its rather empty and serves no particular purpose besides gaining acceptance from the peers, who are often lost and unbalanced in their own existance yet manage to pass judgement on everyone else. I'm much more content being alone, going for a walk in the park, or just laying in the field and looking at stars. Nature and animals have always been a source of comfort to me and thats where I end up escaping in the end. Deep inside I'd like to believe that there are still good people out there, but its difficult to find quiet souls among the rest.

Hey -- you aren't alone in the non-drinking, non-partying, serious way of life.

I wasnt interested in parties or brainlessly guzzling alcohol or smoking. I often wondered if I was TOO serious.

For the last two years, I have had 0 friends because I'm attending a state university and no one has any interest other than smoking, drinking... Conversations endlessly go on about sex and "accidental" pregnancies are common. My teacher came into our class completely drunk and taught class :P.

I've had to realize that state universities (at least mine ;)) have a tendency to attract students of average IQs. I've learned that students with higher IQ's (and who are more serious and non-partying) go to the top 100 universities in the world... where clubs about finding inner peace, yoga, vegetarianism, healthy-eating, staying in-tune with nature... abound.

During these last two years at this state college... I havent even had a phone... because I dont expect anyone to call me since I have 0 friends here :P. For my birthday, I bought a slice of cake and ate it by myself. Its been pretty lonely.

Its been hard, but I really dont WANT to mix with the average majority of people here (although the students studying the sciences are more intelligent and serious about life..and I enjoy conversations with them).

I'm hoping that my loneliness problems are over next year because I've been accepted Boston Uni and New York Uni. The people there are more hard-working and serious. They boycotted the school cafeteria when vegetarian options werent available. The people there will be more interesting... Then I'll have a reason to get a phone, LOL. **Crosses fingers**

But I completely understand about feeling "different" from everyone else. For the last 20ish years, I've wondered why I felt different from the majority of my peers. And I am coming to think that its mainly an IQ difference. (?)

Just the fact that you eat organic chicken and take vitamins and take time for eating healthy shows that your IQ is at least 8 points above the average US IQ... which might be one of the reasons you feel that you are different from your friends.

I hope I havent offended anyone by this post.

thanks a lot everyone for all the support, its nice to know I'm not the only one out there. Sometimes being disconnected like this feels like such a curse since humans are such social animals and innability to blend with the rest creates a friction and a gap in trying to understand each other. I've managed to make couple friends online, but slowly have withdrawn from all contact, just being disgusted with my own failures in life and fearing the their scrutiny. I find it very difficult to trust anyone, because I fail to see people as good natured and caring, and only see the vile, selfish side of our species.

But I'll try to make small adjustments, I'm going running in a minute, then go for a walk in the afternoon take some pictures of the beautiful trees, in the moments like these , I often question the existance of higher entity. How can you not?

I also contacted a local animal rescue and will help out with adoptions and fundraises, I think its a good way to meet like minded individuals.

I was thinking of trying the light therapy, but unfortunately money is an issue at the moment and I cant spend it on anything I want.

I'll make small adjustments with keeping my room tidy and aired and get good sleep, the herbal tea I drink has melatonin in it, its doing pretty good job.

Apple_Blossem- I'm sorry you had a shitty experience, but I guess thats just college life, you cant really break the sheep like mentallity of students who fall under the spell. I went to couple parties and quickly lost interest, I find it amusing that one has to be under some sort of influence in order to have a good time , theres something morally wrong with that.

Though I dont suppose my IQ is too great, I think you can be as smart as you want to, its a matter of exposure and learning, wanting to learn, some subjects fascinate me and others, well, I couldnt care less about like politics.

But I completely understand about feeling "different" from everyone else. For the last 20ish years, I've wondered why I felt different from the majority of my peers. And I am coming to think that its mainly an IQ difference. (?)

Just the fact that you eat organic chicken and take vitamins and take time for eating healthy shows that your IQ is at least 8 points above the average IQ... which might be one of the reasons you feel that you are different from your friends.

Nooblet, It sounds like you are doing everything right for your body but now it is time to focus on your mind.

My temperment and personality is just like yours and I was diagnosed with panic disorder a few years ago and the only thing I can do for you is tell you my personal journey and experience and you can take from it what you want and leave the rest.

I have Kaiser Permenente as my HMO insurance and once I got into their mental health program (it took a lot of complaining, I tell other Kaiser patients that the squeeky wheel gets the grease at Kaiser!) I was amazed at the well-rounded, holistic approach they took to the treatment of mental disorders like depression, anxiety, etc. I learned that these disorders are caused by brain chemicals being out of balance, nervous system being out balanced AND our thoughts being out of balanced. Kaiser treats all three using drugs and cognitive behavoral (spelling?) therapy in group and individual sessions. Through my own research, I've also attacked my problem with diet by getting rid of wheat (I'm gluten sensitive) and sugar and adding pharmaceutical grade fish oil pills.

At one point, my panic was so bad, I spent 3 days in a mental hospital to get stabilized. It was the most amazing and wonderful experience in my life, but that's another story.

Anyway, I learned that this is sometimes genetic (my Dad had undiagnosed anxiety disorder and self-medicated with alcohol. He went cold turkey and is now on meds and doing great), sometimes caused by trauma. I learned that anti-depressants are hit and miss because scientists and doctors don't understand exactly how they work so some patients have to try many different kinds to get right right one or combination. I was lucky, I tried Zoloft, made me blah, then Paxil which was perfect for me!

I learned that tranquilizers like Xanax may be necessary to give your overly-sensitive nervous system a rest while you learn how to change your thoughts. The new tranquilizers work differently than the old ones like valium and are not nearly as addictive. I've been on and off Xanax many times and have not had a problem with addiction, I haven't needed it for years now.

I learned that these meds and cognitive therapy have been extremely successfull for Kaiser and they use this exclusively for mild to moderate sufferers. Search for cognitive therapy online for more info, it is a wonderful therapy, I highly recommend it. You can probably do it on your own but I found it more fun and helpful in a group therapy situation. When you watch someone else discover how their thoughts are affecting how they feel and then actually learn how to change how they thinking and then change how they are feeling is an amazing thing. Sometimes its easier to see how other people's thoughts are not an accurate reflection of reality than to see our own thoughts. For example, in group therapy, I saw how paranoid people get when their depression and/or anxiety is acute. They believe that everybody knows they have a problem, think that they are weird, is staring at them, etc., which makes their depression and anxiety even worse. In therapy, they learned that this paranoia is a false belief and then learn to replace the paranoia with more accurate thoughts that reflect the reality. It's hard for me to explain that's why you should search online.

Bottom line, our thoughts affect our physiology which affects our thoughts which affects our brain chemicals which affects our physiology! Nobody knows if it starts with the thoughts , the brain chemicals, or the body. They are all interelated very closely that's why you need to treat all of them.

So, now I am 43 years old, was diagnosed in 1993 but suffered since early childhood. Been on and off meds a few times, I notice I get bad if I don't deal with my stress properly. It is also hormonal, it is affected by my monthly cycles. I haven't had a full blown panic attack in a couple of years and in the last year I realized if I feel any anxiety coming on if I drink a big glass of water it seems to nip it in the bud! I've discovered I have an "anxiety baseline" or "threshhold". If I pay attention, I can feel when I physical approach then cross that threshhold. I drink water then.

Here's what I do to keep it under control. I will probably do this the rest of my life and I'm fine with that. I look at my disorder like a disease, like diabetes. If I had diabetes, I would have to keep it under control with meds and diet the rest of life life so why feel guilty? I take a very low dose of Paxil and high dose (2 grams) of fish oil. It has to be the combination. If I stop taking one of those things I approach that anxiety baseline more often and more quickly. Diet (see above). Cognitive therapy on my own (don't need to do this too often anymore, usually when my anxiety is situational like before a big test). Deal with stress, I don't ignore it or stuff it, I let myself feel what the stress feels like in my body then do the cognitive therapy if I have to for the accompaning thoughts.

I hope this makes sense to everybody and hope it doesn't sound rambling. I get so excited talking about my own story (yes, I love talking about me!) because I feel like I can help others. My doctor told me that people with anxiety disorders have the best chance of being cured because unlike people who are depressed, they are extremely motivated to get better.

Deanna

thanks a lot everyone for all the support, its nice to know I'm not the only one out there. Sometimes being disconnected like this feels like such a curse since humans are such social animals and innability to blend with the rest creates a friction and a gap in trying to understand each other. I've managed to make couple friends online, but slowly have withdrawn from all contact, just being disgusted with my own failures in life and fearing the their scrutiny. I find it very difficult to trust anyone, because I fail to see people as good natured and caring, and only see the vile, selfish side of our species.

But I'll try to make small adjustments, I'm going running in a minute, then go for a walk in the afternoon take some pictures of the beautiful trees, in the moments like these , I often question the existance of higher entity. How can you not?

I also contacted a local animal rescue and will help out with adoptions and fundraises, I think its a good way to meet like minded individuals.

I was thinking of trying the light therapy, but unfortunately money is an issue at the moment and I cant spend it on anything I want.

I'll make small adjustments with keeping my room tidy and aired and get good sleep, the herbal tea I drink has melatonin in it, its doing pretty good job.

Apple_Blossem- I'm sorry you had a shitty experience, but I guess thats just college life, you cant really break the sheep like mentallity of students who fall under the spell. I went to couple parties and quickly lost interest, I find it amusing that one has to be under some sort of influence in order to have a good time , theres something morally wrong with that.

Though I dont suppose my IQ is too great, I think you can be as smart as you want to, its a matter of exposure and learning, wanting to learn, some subjects fascinate me and others, well, I couldnt care less about like politics.

danny- its a possibility, I often crave sweets pretty badly and load up on carbs when I'm bored doing nothing at home. I noticed that a lot of times, when I eat breakfast at 10 am, then go out, and start having pangs of hunger at 3pm, I get very cold and almost anemic, my face feels very stiff and I become quite irritable, once I get home and eat something, the good mood returns, I almost feel like a hypoglycemic person running low and in need of a fix, once I get it, I'm quite content.

I'm usually quiet sleepy after eating, yes, thats a constant thing and ends up in a long nap, which messes up my internal clock and I cant fall asleep at night. I think I always craved sweets as a child, but growing up, we didnt have a lot of access to tasty foods, and part of me feels like I'm making up for it now.

I dont have anger issues, I get irritates with people, but never act out on my feelings. My parents dont consume alcohol at all, they had high standards for our upringing, very strict, conservative, not very opne minded. With overeating, I actually eat when I'm depressed, when I'm anxious, I cant eat at all because of the neausea. Some of the symptoms I can definitely relate to, I'm always floating in space, cannot concentrate in school at all, my mood shifts day to day, some days I feel fine, other days down in the dumps, crying, feeling hideous, etc.

deedum- I was planning on looking into cognitive therapy, but I'm not going to take antidepressants as of now, I feel like they have not been researched long enough to know the long term effect. I will check out Kaiser system. thanks

Tell me

What foods would be in your diet?

I'm not asking what you usually eat, but what food are in your "to eat" list compared to what foods are in your "not too eat" list.

I find it very difficult to trust anyone, because I fail to see people as good natured and caring, and only see the vile, selfish side of our species.

thanks I needed a good laugh :), yeah, I find children to be amazing, while they are still uncorrupted and beaming with curiosity, I volunteer at church nursery once a month and its such a nice way to see the good side of human race, babies with their soft wispy hair, warm breath, stretching out their little arms to be picked up and cuddled, I really enjoy being around them. I recall always making friends with kids younger then me, when I lived in europe my best friend was 4 years younger and we got along really well, I didnt feel pressured to act like my peers and we really clicked.

Do you teach piano now? I used to play some back in the day, but lost inspiration, everyone keeps telling me to play for others and I want to play for myself. I used to pour my emotions into the music which was a nice way to espace.

Food wise, I like to learn about holistic nutrition in my spare time, obvoisly common sense, good foods= whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies, water, natural juice not from concentrate, nuts, legumes, white meat and fish , prefferably organic. Red meat tastes bad to me, I dont eat steaks or burgers. Poor foods include anything fried, butter substitutes, hydrogenated oils, trans fats, refined sugars, anything with corn syrup, dyes, carb heavy diet, sodas, coffee, etc.

is there a way to measure sugar levels in blood at home?

I believe the underlying cause of my depression/anxiety are exhausted adrenal glands, for most people its not an issue because the body is able to recover after a period of stress, but me being as hypersensitive as I am, dealing with everyday life took its toll and I feel like I've crashed so to speak. Hypoadrenia and hypoglycemia go hand in hand. People with poorly functioning adrenal glands usually have low blood sugar levels. I'm going to to more research about it and hopefully will be able get some tests done to be sure.

I looked up hypoadrenia on wiki and the symptoms sound awfully familiar:

Tendency to gain weight and unable to lose it, especially around the waist. High frequency of getting the flu and other respiratory diseases and these symptoms tend to last longer than usual. Tendency to tremble when under pressure. Reduced sex drive. Lightheaded when rising from a lying down position. Unable to remember things. Lack of energy in the mornings and also in the afternoon between 3 to 5 pm. Feel better suddenly for a brief period after a meal. Often feel tired between 9 - 10 pm, but resist going to bed. Need coffee or stimulants to get going in the morning. Crave for salty, fatty, and high protein food such as meat and cheese. Increase symptoms of PMS for women; period are heavy and then stop, or almost stopped on the 4th day, only to start flow again on the 5th or 6th day. Pain in the upper back or neck with no apparent reasons . Feels better when stress is relieved, such as on a vacation. Difficulties in getting up in the morning Lightheaded

Other signs and symptoms include:

Mild depression Food and or inhalant allergies Lethargy and lack of energy Increased effort to perform daily tasks Decreased ability to handle stress Dry and thin skin Hypoglycemia Low Body Temperature Nervousness Palpitation Unexplained hair loss Alternating constipation and diarrhea Dyspepsia

Food wise, I like to learn about holistic nutrition in my spare time, obvoisly common sense, good foods= whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies, water, natural juice not from concentrate, nuts, legumes, white meat and fish , prefferably organic. Red meat tastes bad to me, I dont eat steaks or burgers. Poor foods include anything fried, butter substitutes, hydrogenated oils, trans fats, refined sugars, anything with corn syrup, dyes, carb heavy diet, sodas, coffee, etc.

is there a way to measure sugar levels in blood at home?

I say this to give you a hope because most diagnosis of the psychobubbles sounds like life sentences, you're said you're suffering from something concrente which can only be relieved by their magic drugs. First of all the diagnosis of social anxiety is at the discretion of the noob diagnosing you. There's no real criteria and no real physiological mark. There are so many diseases in the DSM that are just plain nonsense and the way they grew from few to thousands is even admitted by the publishers as an evidence that DSM and psychology in general is relying more on subjective and biased perception of what "good behaviors" are and what "behaviors to heal are". And when you have things like "matematics phobia" and "road runner syndrome" in the dam book you just know they're playing with your life, but your intelligence too.

So that being said I could diagnose myself a social anxiety just by looking at your shiness, lack of confidence and fear of being judged. When you realize this you've already made progresses in overcoming this difficulty.

I think that social anxiety is perfectly normal nowadays, many people are more sensitivies and become of this they never conform to the status quo because they can see al the mediocre and idiot schemes behind it. So actually the premise of social anxiety could be something you can use at your advantage to be a better person.

You've to realize you'll never conform or follow the status quo and that the solution to overcome your anxiety is not to do your best to join the status quo but do your best to feel confidence in your wise choice to ignore the status quo. When you can do that you'll realize that you can be happy without being perfect, without being rich, without being popular and that two real friends are worth 50 pseudo-pals that accept you only as you conform to their creepy idea of what life is.

That being said your diet and lifestyle still have lot to do whether you can find the confidence to change your mindset. For example crazy blood sugars interfer with your ability to think straight, to being less impulsive and projecting less. Endorphin depletion decrease your ability to cope with pain (physical or emotional) and hence your ability to accept the risk.

I would begin taking a B-Vitamin supplement, Zinc, Vitamin C, Calcium + Vitamin D and a multi.

These are actually basilar in your recovering.

Then you need sun.

And I'm not talking about the summer sun, just the day light.

If you're not comfortable with walking when people are out, you should wake earlier and get as much day light as possible for at least 15-20 minutes.

Besides waking up earlier does wonder for panick attacks while sleeping late in the morning is the most detrimental thing you can do for them.

You need to exercise too. No herb will ever recover your ability to feel confident if you don't exercise. You might be too exhausted or overwhelmed to exercise but you still need to do it, so what I suggest it starting with small baby step and building up a routine from there.

Not confortable with jogging for 20 minutes? Just start with 5 minutes?

5 minutes is still too much? Just do two minutes and after a week move to 5 or 10

Can't jog yet? Just walk

Can still have 10 minutes straight of exercises?

Do 5 minute in the morning, 5 minutes in the afternoon, 5 minutes at evening, 5 minutes at night Still to much? Do 2 minutes in the morning, 2 minutes in the afternoon and so on.

What is important is that you begin right now even if it's just 30 seconds walking, it's already a huge first step.

There are other things you can do but first let us know what your diet is like.