Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest AcneProne_1977

For the ladies re: "monthly" question...

Guest AcneProne_1977

Hey girls,

Just wondering if anybody's period is a little wacky since being on Accutane??

I knew about dryness 'down there', which I'm experiencing in a HUGE way, but I haven't heard about periods being off.

Anyone??

Thanks in advance!

P.s. If you want, you can PM me if you'd rather chat that way. :)

Hey girls,

Just wondering if anybody's period is a little wacky since being on Accutane??

I knew about dryness 'down there', which I'm experiencing in a HUGE way, but I haven't heard about periods being off.

Anyone??

Thanks in advance!

P.s. If you want, you can PM me if you'd rather chat that way. :)

heya

i was on accutane a yr ago.....and my period was a lil wacky at the begining....my doctor said it was normal....but as your body gets used to it....ur date regularize...i was not on BC...

Guest AcneProne_1977

Hey girls!

I'm not BC, my doc and I decided it wasn't necessary since I'm single. (A bit depressing, yes. LOL!!)

Anyway, it was 4 or 5 days early last month and was again 4 or 5 days early this month (which means a total of 10 days early this time) and the first day was VERY heavy.

I just hope it regularizes in the next month or so...

Hey girls!

I'm not BC, my doc and I decided it wasn't necessary since I'm single. (A bit depressing, yes. LOL!!)

Anyway, it was 4 or 5 days early last month and was again 4 or 5 days early this month (which means a total of 10 days early this time) and the first day was VERY heavy.

I just hope it regularizes in the next month or so...

Guest AcneProne_1977
yeah, I don't think you have to worry about it.. :)

lucky you... I am single too :( but my derm wanted me to be necessary on BC, he wouldn't have prescribed tane to me if I wasn't on BC :think: I wanted to avoid everything useless flowing in my veins, especially something I don't tolerate well (as the BC) :(

Guest AcneProne_1977
Can't you talk to your derm and tell him that you aren't having sex at all??!

I told him a thousand times... but he replied something like "who knows what could happen???" :think:

when I was 18 I started to take Diane 35 and it was ok, no side effects at all and my acne improved... I quit a couple of years later...

2 years ago I started again and I had problems with it: it caused me spotting, which is a weird thing for a high dosage pill... and that side effect lasted for months... I tried to quit and start again after a few months but I didn't fix the problem so i quit for good. Now I'm taking another BP, with a lower dosage (not as a acne treatment, but only because of the accutane) and I have the same problem... During the 1st month it could happen, but I fear it won't stop next month... I just wonna quit...

Not to be a downer, but if you are a woman and are fertile, there's always the possibility of unplanned pregnancy. Ever heard of rape? Yes, in the case of rape one would most likely take the morning after pill, but you JUST. NEVER. KNOW. Being on BC while on Accutane almost guarantees that there's no way you could get pregnant (even more so if you're not PLANNING on having sex). But birth defects on accutane are quite severe, so I feel it's best to have all bases covered.

I understand the aversion to BC...trust me, I was on the nuvaring for about 9 months, but had to stop because it made me suicidal. Now I'm on Cyclessa, which makes me pretty much normal throughout the month (a LEETLE more PMS than normal, but manageable), but it increases dryness and lower sex drive. How lovely.

BUT, I don't want to get pregnant, so I plug on.

Sorry for jumping in on this, but just thought I'd offer my two cents.

Guest AcneProne_1977
Yeah really- what your derm doesn't know won't hurt him. My "Aunt Flo" has been same as usual- you might want to try taking flaxseed oil because it helps with dryness (skin, eyes and um, elsewhere) and also regulates your hormones.

I'm not on BC either. I'm going into month three of Tane. The first two months, I had my normal thing - then about a week later (both months) another 3-6 day spotting deal. :( I'm hoping the spotting won't happen this month - cuz "a double" totally sucks.

I can't say for sure that it's the meds. I'm under a bit more stress than normal - but I was before I started the meds too - and didn't have any problems before.

I'm glad someone else wrote about this... I was wondering the same thing!

My derm also insisted that I go on BC, even though I'm a virgin and wanted to pledge abstinence :dry: I secretly came off the pill though a couple weeks ago because I was starting to feel crazy on it... ever since coming off birth control, I have felt 1000x happier and have had a lot more energy.

Not to be a downer, but if you are a woman and are fertile, there's always the possibility of unplanned pregnancy. Ever heard of rape? Yes, in the case of rape one would most likely take the morning after pill, but you JUST. NEVER. KNOW. Being on BC while on Accutane almost guarantees that there's no way you could get pregnant (even more so if you're not PLANNING on having sex). But birth defects on accutane are quite severe, so I feel it's best to have all bases covered.

I understand the aversion to BC...trust me, I was on the nuvaring for about 9 months, but had to stop because it made me suicidal. Now I'm on Cyclessa, which makes me pretty much normal throughout the month (a LEETLE more PMS than normal, but manageable), but it increases dryness and lower sex drive. How lovely.

BUT, I don't want to get pregnant, so I plug on.

Sorry for jumping in on this, but just thought I'd offer my two cents.

Yes. Sometimes a little early, sometimes a little late. A little "different" a few months.

Hi again- Thought I'd add that I'm not on BCP either. I think Accutane may change things up a little since we aren't. No worries, though.

i am not on bc, but it def. changed things. no periods for 5 months (i work out like crazy, low body fat, etc.). since starting accutane, its back like clockwork. my doctor is pleased.

Then I think under those circumstances you'd have much bigger issues to deal with than Tane and birth defects. I haven't been near a guy in 5 years and don't believe in random hookups, so it's simply not necessary for me to be on BC. If I do meet Mr. Right in the next few months, I'll faint from shock first and head to the gyno second. :razz:

Guest AcneProne_1977

Wowee... I didn't mean for this to turn into a discussion on rape and getting pregnant from it. My gosh, that's awful and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

wendytestaburger, I have 5 and a half months left on tane and if I meet Mr. Right, fall in love and live happily-ever-after BEFORE finishing tane......I will faint from shock as well. LOL! I was laughing hysterically when I read that!! Also, just wanted to mention that I don't burp from my fish oil pills... but vitamin B burps are yucky!

Thanks so much to everyone for you input, I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing "different" periods! I was talking to my mother on the phone last night and she said she can't wait until I'm done tane beause it's causing so many problems and she wants to see me healthy and happy again!! Awwwwwww.... :)

Ha, yeah, I'm sorry about that. I was loathe to bring up the subject, but I really really dislike it when people take chances like that. I only said "rape" as an example of unplanned sex....there's different kinds, such as a drunken hookup that you consented to but weren't considering the consequences of...

But...yeah. I like my babies without defects, please. And preferably drenched in BBQ sauce. :razz:

Guest AcneProne_1977
Ha, yeah, I'm sorry about that. I was loathe to bring up the subject, but I really really dislike it when people take chances like that. I only said "rape" as an example of unplanned sex....there's different kinds, such as a drunken hookup that you consented to but weren't considering the consequences of...

But...yeah. I like my babies without defects, please. And preferably drenched in BBQ sauce. :razz: