Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andrewm32

Andrew's Accutane Log

Day 6 - 80mg a day, broken up into two 40mg doses when I can manage to fit them in at decent intervals

Started my Accutane 6 days ago. I debated it for several months before I finally decided if it was worth the risk or not. The conclusion I came to is: Absolutely.

In a society where appearance can make or break you, I'm not just talking about dating or person relationships, but in the business world. I won't get into all of it in this log here, but it is important to have clear skin, not to mention the lesions aren't like a trip to Six Flags, it's not fun having them, they are painful.

So, here it is day 6, 7 technically, since it's 3:34 AM EST. So far the side effect's I have gotten:

Dry skin on the forehead and nose, some on my cheeks.

Skin is also starting to peel between my eyes, forehead, and some on my cheeks. The strange thing? My lips are not chapped, yet, my face is peeling from dryness...odd I know.

I experienced some initial soreness in my upper back muscles..though I do lift weights so I'm sure that has something to do with it...and I'm in a chair most of the day doing office work. My wrists were also quite sore the first few days of Tane.

I've had a few headaches, nothing I'm not used to, as I've always had headaches my whole life so I don't pay them much mind.

My derm prescribed me 8.5% BP pads, I don't think I'm going to fill that prescription, as the dryness is already setting in.

I've yet to experience an IB, I'm not sure that I will with the way my skin is drying out..I've had a couple small, round soft spots come up, the usual..but the lesions I have are healing, I have quite bit of redness, I suspect I will have a lot of red marks after my tane treatment. After all I've had acne for around 12 years now, with no remission since I first started having it.

Well..That was more of a summary of the first 6-7 days.

My insurance covers my accutane, $15 dollars, so as long as my blood tests come back positive, I will continue treatment(and no adverse side effects kick in, it's still early).

Thanks for reading..I will post some pictures soon of both sides of my face so I can keep a photo log for myself and anyone that wants to see them.

Day 6 - 80mg a day, broken up into two 40mg doses when I can manage to fit them in at decent intervals

Started my Accutane 6 days ago. I debated it for several months before I finally decided if it was worth the risk or not. The conclusion I came to is: Absolutely.

In a society where appearance can make or break you, I'm not just talking about dating or person relationships, but in the business world. I won't get into all of it in this log here, but it is important to have clear skin, not to mention the lesions aren't like a trip to Six Flags, it's not fun having them, they are painful.

So, here it is day 6, 7 technically, since it's 3:34 AM EST. So far the side effect's I have gotten:

Dry skin on the forehead and nose, some on my cheeks.

Skin is also starting to peel between my eyes, forehead, and some on my cheeks. The strange thing? My lips are not chapped, yet, my face is peeling from dryness...odd I know.

I experienced some initial soreness in my upper back muscles..though I do lift weights so I'm sure that has something to do with it...and I'm in a chair most of the day doing office work. My wrists were also quite sore the first few days of Tane.

I've had a few headaches, nothing I'm not used to, as I've always had headaches my whole life so I don't pay them much mind.

My derm prescribed me 8.5% BP pads, I don't think I'm going to fill that prescription, as the dryness is already setting in.

I've yet to experience an IB, I'm not sure that I will with the way my skin is drying out..I've had a couple small, round soft spots come up, the usual..but the lesions I have are healing, I have quite bit of redness, I suspect I will have a lot of red marks after my tane treatment. After all I've had acne for around 12 years now, with no remission since I first started having it.

Well..That was more of a summary of the first 6-7 days.

My insurance covers my accutane, $15 dollars, so as long as my blood tests come back positive, I will continue treatment(and no adverse side effects kick in, it's still early).

Thanks for reading..I will post some pictures soon of both sides of my face so I can keep a photo log for myself and anyone that wants to see them.

Day 7

Here it is, day 7, took my first 40mg pill at home, then went to work.

My eyes are fairly dry, I'm also extremely tired. I have some soreness/pressure on my chest now, more of an annoyance than anything else.

I have a fairly sore active acne on my face now, its come to a head so it should be clearing up soon.

The two soft, red spots that came up are still there but fading..they actually appeared in the same exact spot on my left and right side...I tend to get them in the same area/spot exactly, its fairly annoying