Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

Could zinc make skin worse?

I read online that zinc raises testosterone levels... wouldn't that make skin worse? :confused:

Yes it can increase testo levels. But as I have understood that happens for males, not for women. It is often used as a supplement for people who train heavy lifting. I take alot of it and I belive it has increased my testo levels. But havnt seen any bad happening with my skin.

I've been taking 100-150 mg zink daily for a month now, and I must say it has helped my skin alot, my acne has reduced so much.

If your going to take alot, I suggest you start with smaller doses the first days. I had breakouts when I suddenly began giving my body 150 mg zink to work with every day. Maybe it was not because of the zink, I dont know.

It might raise testosterone levels in males. But increase in testosterone does not necessarily mean more acne. There are other factors involved.

Zinc has been proven to improve skin, so don't worry about it.

I read online that zinc raises testosterone levels... wouldn't that make skin worse? :confused:

Yes it can increase testo levels. But as I have understood that happens for males, not for women. It is often used as a supplement for people who train heavy lifting. I take alot of it and I belive it has increased my testo levels. But havnt seen any bad happening with my skin.

I've been taking 100-150 mg zink daily for a month now, and I must say it has helped my skin alot, my acne has reduced so much.

If your going to take alot, I suggest you start with smaller doses the first days. I had breakouts when I suddenly began giving my body 150 mg zink to work with every day. Maybe it was not because of the zink, I dont know.

Mandy you read wrong, if zinc did that then the steroid business would be history. The only thing it does near to that is raise semen production and volume. It doesn't raise testosterone. Zinc also gives you super healing powers and decreases recovery time. For bodybuilding, it is awesome.

Thanks for the responses =] I'll just keep taking zinc since I never hear of people breaking out worse from it anyways lol... and its good for healing. I found out that zinc is actually an anti-androgen and inhibits the conversion of DHT! How could that be though, if it raises testosterone? Doesn't excess testosterone=more dht?

Thanks for the responses =] I'll just keep taking zinc since I never hear of people breaking out worse from it anyways lol... and its good for healing. I found out that zinc is actually an anti-androgen and inhibits the conversion of DHT! How could that be though, if it raises testosterone? Doesn't excess testosterone=more dht?

When I consumed big amounts of zinc it gave me breakouts so I stopped. However, when I later took it in smaller quantities as part of a multivitamin I think it helped with my skin. Weird.