Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spillett

6 months clear

..not nearly as bad as before and the pimples really are small. Nothing huge and big but I went for about 6 months (after using Accutane) and had clear skin with only a few spots once in a blue moon. Now it's a regular occurance and I'm worried it's a sign my skin is going to flare up bad again.

I really don't want to go back on the medication.

I've heard antibiotics (Minocyclin) can be MORE effective after accutane - is that true?

Anyone else in a similar situation right now?

oh god i gotta stop reading threads like this, its making me so scared my skin is gonna go right downhill again. im sorry your breaking out again :(

I know.

It's hardly bad bad. Just a few here and there. Tiny ones not big ones. But it's annoying when I have no spots what-so-ever mfor about 4-5 months after tane....

suggestions?

I haven't been using any spot-fighting face wash since using tane... maybe there's where I am going wrong. I was just using an E45 wash - which is what I used during tane to help with the dry skin.

I have just introduced a CLEAN & CLEAR facial scrub and oil-control moisturisor but my skin is just starting to feel dry.

I have just introduced a CLEAN & CLEAR facial scrub and oil-control moisturisor but my skin is just starting to feel dry.

..not nearly as bad as before and the pimples really are small. Nothing huge and big but I went for about 6 months (after using Accutane) and had clear skin with only a few spots once in a blue moon. Now it's a regular occurance and I'm worried it's a sign my skin is going to flare up bad again.

I really don't want to go back on the medication.

I've heard antibiotics (Minocyclin) can be MORE effective after accutane - is that true?

Anyone else in a similar situation right now?

i just went to my doc today and he said that i should go on another treatment of accutane (2 months at 80mg/day). I have been off accutane for 8 months now and i'm still getting 1or 2 pimples every couple of weeks. its not like the gigantic boils i used to have but i want to get scar treatments and the doc said that i should wait until i'm completely clear. i don't want to get accutane again cuz i really hated it the first time. he gave me the prescription but i'm debating whether to go on it again or not or just wait a couple more months and "ride it out".

Are they just whiteheads or more severe, i finished about 3 months ago and got a fair few whiteheads going but I got a cream called retrieve cream from my derm and it has worked. Hope you can get something and prevent your skin from getting worse again