Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Karyn_elise

what can i do for my oily skin????

How do you stop you're skin from getting super oily???? Is there any good products out there that will help with oily skin better than what i'm using right now??? ↓

Any other advice that may help?????

thanks

From my experience, skin irritation causes huge amounts of oil production. I used astringents for a bit and my skin got super oily.

I have dry sensitive skin, so whenever the skin is irritated it gets super oily. Stripping your skin of all the oils makes your skin produce more, that's from my experience.

Take out your astringent for a few weeks and see what happens.

My brothers use lotion on their faces and it doesn't irritate their skin, I use it and my skin breaks out.

If you have sensitive skin, less is better--

Just some thoughts.

How do you stop you're skin from getting super oily???? Is there any good products out there that will help with oily skin better than what i'm using right now??? ↓

Any other advice that may help?????

thanks

Stop the moisturizer. You have oily skin and yet you are still using a lotion? That is a no no. I also used to have oily skin but because of accutane, my oils have calm down but I still don't use moisturizer! My derm said that people with oily skin no need to use moisturizer because our oils are enough to hydrate our skin, the moisturizer can clog pores.

The second thing is the astringent. Astringent= alcohol= drying of skin = induction for more oil. You should seriously stop using it. Check out my sig for what I am using as a toner. Alcohol is also a very irritating agent.

Lastly, you are taking Yaz birth control, that should also calm down the oils a bit. You have to wait for a while to see it work.

You might want to consider changing your cleanser as well.

Stop the moisturizer. You have oily skin and yet you are still using a lotion? That is a no no. I also used to have oily skin but because of accutane, my oils have calm down but I still don't use moisturizer! My derm said that people with oily skin no need to use moisturizer because our oils are enough to hydrate our skin, the moisturizer can clog pores.

The second thing is the astringent. Astringent= alcohol= drying of skin = induction for more oil. You should seriously stop using it. Check out my sig for what I am using as a toner. Alcohol is also a very irritating agent.

Lastly, you are taking Yaz birth control, that should also calm down the oils a bit. You have to wait for a while to see it work.

but my skin gets really tight and dry if i don't... and still it gets oily. I think oily skin for some people is because there PH is off.... like there skin is dry and the glands produce more oil than normal to make up for the dry skin... besides my skin feels awful if i don't keep it mosturized. and looks awful too.