Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tsearch

HELP! Using the full amount of BP right away

I purchased the DKR about 1 week ago and I started using the full amount right away. Surprisingly enough my skin didn't react heavily to it. There was no crazy flaking and my skin didn't become very red. This may be due to the fact that I used a benzoyl peroxide treatment a few months before. I had to quit it however because I ran out of the benzoyl peroxide and my face got a little worse within 4 weeks within using it. The problem I'm having is that maybe my skin is immune to the BP now? It seems to be used to the amount I'm using right now which is 1 full finger length. My face improved slightly within the first week but now after 1 week my cheeks broke out a little and my forehead seems pretty much the same except a bigger pimple formed...which might be going away but I'm not sure. Can someone give me some advice? Is my face immune or resistant to the BP? Thanks for the help!

No your skin is not immune. What you're going through now is what's called an Initial Breakout. This can last from the first week up until the 3rd month. I've been on the DKR for about a month and a half. My skin is greatly improved but I'm still removing a bunch of junk from my face. All those closed comedones and whiteheads will come to the surface. This is what I'm dealing with right now.

I recommend Aloe Vera gel for the redness. I use it everyday and it makes a huge difference. It can be drying but you can add 4 drops of olive oil to it and it really helps.

Good luck

Thanks for the useful advice Eryka! I don't really have red skin but the dead skin flakes are pretty gross. They're not really big and huge in number but they look dirty.

Nope. However, your dryness might not come right away. Sometimes it takes a week or two for the dryness to catch up with you. If that happens, I would lower the dosage, moisturize more, and slowly ramp up the dosage again.

Cam >B)

If I'm already using the BP at max amount when I first start...Do I still have to ramp up the dosage?