Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cavies

I did accutane and everything else, and cysts are back!

i posted this in the severe cysts forum as well...

Hi,

I just wanted to share with ya'll what I have tried and what worked, just in case others are looking to see how someone else's skin has responded to medicines. I'm dark skinned and 19.

bezoyl peroxide

salycilic acid

on spot salycilic acid

clyndamiacin (sp?)

azelex

differin .1%

doxcylicne

minocycline

retin-a

differin .3%

accutane

every neutrogena face wash

maderma

acuzine

so as you can see, I have tried many, many things for my acne. Everything except accutane had pretty much no effect, and if anything, led to hyperpigmentation of my skin. I was on accutane for 4 months, and i remained clear for about 3 months after that. pretty much the best time of my life. it completely cleared my scarring and all acne. i had smoother and clearer skin than peopel that had wonderful skin. it was truly a miracle drug. but as does happen sometimes, my cysts are returning. im considering doing smoothbeam, as going on accutane again might lead to damage to other parts of my body. has anybody tried smoothbeam for acne that is stubborn? any responses to this would be great. im really considering this or going back to accutane, as it is very frustrating to continue dealing with cysts after trying everything on the market to get rid of them.

usually people stay on accutane longer than 4 months, maybe that is why the acne returned so soon. you might need a second course. this time i would take the normal 6 months if i were you. and make sure you take it with a meal.

Jordan, wait, I've gone on 80mg for 4 months, thats full dose for me and its my cumulative dose. Is this too short? Should I go for 6 months rather?

has anyone done smoothbeam after accutane? im wondering if its as effective, the videos ive seen on smoothbeam make me think so...then again i guess thats what theyre supposed to do. man if i go back on accutane, do you think itll take a full cycle again, or kind of be more effective since i already took it? (see first post for more details of my course)

Jordan, wait, I've gone on 80mg for 4 months, thats full dose for me and its my cumulative dose. Is this too short? Should I go for 6 months rather?