Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tdot

Cancer......

There is an amazing man I Work with who I just found out is dieing of cancer.... I feel so helpless... I almost broke down and cried today.... He's gone through all the Chemo and crap and just cant take it anymore.... I want to suggest the natural approach but I know he's not into that sort of thing.... he would probably just brush it off as a scam :(... BUt I know there have been people who become cured from natural remedies... It's really frustrating to know he could be saved... I'm so upset....

You can ask him to support his orthodox cures with natural cures.

I understand that someone who is not into that "sort of things" would not give up orthodox approach for natural ones but try to make him understand that using another approach as well (as a supplement to the first approach) doesn't in any way lessen the effect of the first approach while it might help.

In other words if it doesn't work he hasn't lost anything and if it does work all the better.

I'm sorry that this is happening to him and that you're suffering so much.

Best wishes and good luck to him!

Or you can just let him die.

Everybody is supposed to die, and maybe he has come to accept it. You should not tell other people how to live and die. If he brings it up trying an alternative approach, then discuss it. Otherwise, just let him die in peace, and understand that everybody is going to die in their time. It would be terrible of you to try and tell him he can still live, even though you have no idea that he really will survive.

I would just keep to yourself about this, unless he directly brings it up.

Or you can just let him die.

Everybody is supposed to die, and maybe he has come to accept it. You should not tell other people how to live and die. If he brings it up trying an alternative approach, then discuss it. Otherwise, just let him die in peace, and understand that everybody is going to die in their time. It would be terrible of you to try and tell him he can still live, even though you have no idea that he really will survive.

I would just keep to yourself about this, unless he directly brings it up.

I know people who have died, and family members have died. Everybody has had relatives or friends die, it happens in life.

I have come to terms with all of the deaths in my lifetime. The people dying all came to terms with their deaths (none were murdered). When my great-grandmother died, she knew it was coming, and so did everyone in the family. She accepted it, and because of that, everybody else did. When my grandmother died, she died in her sleep of a massive heart attack. It was pretty acceptable, you have to die somehow and that was not such a bad way to go. There have been other deaths, but everybody accepts them with time.

If you are just wanting somebody around because they mean a lot to you, that is pretty selfish. You don't know what they are going through, and they are going to be able to figure things out better than you can.

I would want somebody to tell me about a real treatment if it had helped them or somebody they knew. But, what tdot is talking about is stuff that she has read on the internet, that probably is not going to do anything but annoy the guy.

Just because I am curious, what were you going to suggest to this guy tdot?

I know people who have died, and family members have died. Everybody has had relatives or friends die, it happens in life.

I have come to terms with all of the deaths in my lifetime. The people dying all came to terms with their deaths (none were murdered). When my great-grandmother died, she knew it was coming, and so did everyone in the family. She accepted it, and because of that, everybody else did. When my grandmother died, she died in her sleep of a massive heart attack. It was pretty acceptable, you have to die somehow and that was not such a bad way to go. There have been other deaths, but everybody accepts them with time.

Alright, link that stuff to tdot. I don't think that is what she was talking about. You search out what you can to give her for telling this guy. I still think it is a terrible idea, but she can do what she wants with it.

There are also many types of cancer. Some types of cancer are untreatable, and others are known to be easily treated with a variety of techniques. Cancer is not always the same thing in everybody. There are many mutations in the DNA that can cause cancer, and they all can work differently.

I still would say that it is best not to bother this guy. He might have something that is completely untreatable.

A guy in my biology class was just talking about his best friend who had flu-like symptoms two-weeks ago, got really sick and went to the emergency room. They found out he had an incredibly fast growing brain tumor that was inoperable. And he died last week.

I really doubt that tdot has the kind of knowledge about his medical issues to be assessing his condition. I think it is better that this guy finds out whatever he needs to by himself. He is perfectly capable of looking for stuff if he wants it.

That web site looks great Danny :). I'm just so confused about what to do.... it's not like I'm best friends with the guy ya know? But I talk with him all the time and he's a great person.... all Iw ant to do is help... but I know that it would be weird if I just went up to him and said... "why not try the holistic approach".... I agree with notadoctor in a way that maybe he has accepted that he's dieing.... however WE dont accept it right? It's hard for the peopel around him to accept it.... It's seems as though he has... however he talks about "hoping for a miracle".... and that makes me think he wants to LIVE... But I KNOW he probably would not accept the non-orthodox way.... It's not like I REALLY KNOW what I'm talking about though when it comes to naturally healing yourself.... but I know there are certain doctors out there who can help him in a way those orthodox doctors cant. All I know is that there ARE other ways... other things to try.... What could he possibly lose by trying? Maybe he feels as though it's too late :( he's been suffering for six years. I WANT to shake him and tell him to try othe rmeathods... I WANT to help him.... but I feel helpless.... especially because I'm not knowledgeable enough tto tell him where to go or what to do... but this website that you provided Danny looks great :). Maybe I could send the link to him... but I would feel really odd doing it. I'm just not sure what to do :( I feel in the end I wont be of any help and maybe end up insulting him.... and I dont want that. So in a way I agree with both of you.... I'm relaly torn.

If you feel he won't want your help, then don't do it. Keeping somebody alive is not always the right thing. Maybe he is in pain, or who knows. He might have lots of reasons to accept death. It is not your responsibility to check into every possible option for him. Doctors often do tell terminal patients that they can try holistic options, and that they are as far as modern medicine can take them. Do you even know the timetable he is dealing with before he dies? He might have no chance, and he might feel like you are trying to show that you know more than he does. I would just leave it all alone. It is not like he will really have much greater odds if he tried the holistic route, in most cases, he probably has the same or worse odds of dying. Just appreciate him as a person, and what you know of him, and accept that he is going to die and probably leave a family behind. It happens, and the world moves on.

Hi Danny,could you post the link to the online community and Dr Fuhrman's website please,thanks.

People die all the time, there's really nothing you can do, all you can possible do is maybe comfort him but only if he asks for it.

I know your heart is in the right place :comfort:

I was wrong about this....

You should just buy a gun and shoot him. That way you won't have to worry about if he could have lived or not. You will know that he wasn't going to no matter what because you were gonna shoot him. Don't bother talking to Dr. Fuhrman or any other person. I suggest some kind of handgun, that way he won't see it coming, you can just pull it out really fast and end him quick.

You're free to believe that the chances of surviving are low.

I'm free to believe that allopathic medicine has often done more harm than good and knows shit most of the time, and that his chance of surviving might be high and he might be the next survivor to write his testimonial on a website.

Now ask a survivor whether he/she would rather go back in time to the day he/she chose not to give up, and accept to die instead. Ask a survivor whether he/she would go back in time and erase all the great moments he/she has lived thans to the surviving. Ask a survivor whether the information that saved him/her and the person who provided it are rather meaningless occurrences and something he/she could have done without.

Please write to the smiling girl on the first site and tell her that she must accept at 30 years old that it's time to die and she should stop fighting.

Please write to the surviving woman who healed herself with integrative medicine that she should have accepted death and should have given up 8 years ago, and that those 8 years have been meaningless time.

I want to see a copy of your emails and their replies.

You're free to believe that the chances of surviving are low.

I'm free to believe that allopathic medicine has done more harm than good and knows shit most of the time and that his chance of surviving might be high and he might be the next survivor to write his testimonial on a website.

Now ask a survivor whether he or she would rather go back in time to the day he or she chose not to give up, and accept to die instead. Ask a survivor whether he or she would go back in time and erase all the great moments he or she has lived thans to the surviving. Ask a survivor whether the information that saved him or her and the person who provided it are rather meaningless occurrences and something he or she could have do without.

Please write to the smiling girl on the first site and tell her that she must accept at 30 years old that it's time to die and she should stop fighting.

Please write to the surviving woman who healed herself with integrative medicine that she should have accepted death and should have given up 8 years ago and that those 8 years have been meaningless time.

I want to see a copy of your emails and their replies.

Nobody is doubting that it is possible to cure your cancer with alternative treatments. It is just the way to go about this, and whether or not it is tdot's place to tell the guy who has cancer about what to do with his life and death, especially when she has limited knowledge about his situation.

I also think it would be completely different if it were tdot's mother or sibling. Because she is already very close to them, but to bother somebody who she doesn't know very well seems like a bad idea.

If I knew that people were going to die a certain way, and I had the opportunity to warn them and save them, I still would not do it. People are meant to die, and there is no way to know that cancer will be the worst way he can die. How do you know that 2 years from now this guy won't go crazy and kill himself and his whole family? How do you know that he won't get trapped in a well and die from rats eating him?

It is all hypothetical anyway, you have no idea whether he will be able to cure himself (probably not), and like I said before, there is no reason to fear death, it is gonna happen eventually, and nobody can say for sure whether any of this really matters at all. Maybe he just dies and ceases to exist. Maybe we don't have souls, and there is nothing for him to feel bad about leaving behind. Or maybe we do all have souls, and he can watch over them better after he has died. His family will all die eventually, should we try and save them from their eventual deaths too?

You are acting like saving a life is always the right thing to do. Nobody can really say what is right or wrong, and it really is not worth anybody's time, or hurting anybody's feelings.

You are acting like saving a life is always the right thing to do. Nobody can really say what is right or wrong, and it really is not worth anybody's time, or hurting anybody's feelings.

All the advice is great guys..... I'm just so unsure about talking to him about it. It is true it dont know much about his cancer.... but I know he is dieing and YES it is hard for me to accpet.... I REALLY dont know how to go about this. I wish I actually KNEW someone who got over thier cancer with holistic meathods... it would be so much easier to talk to him then. Maybe it isnt my place to talkt to him about it... but I also know that when he leaves here and goes to be with his family and we hear that he's died I will be SO UPSET.... It's my fault for being indecisive.... I'm a classic Libra people... I CANNOT make a decision properly... I dont know what to do.

All the advice is great guys..... I'm just so unsure about talking to him about it. It is true it dont know much about his cancer.... but I know he is dieing and YES it is hard for me to accpet.... I REALLY dont know how to go about this. I wish I actually KNEW someone who got over thier cancer with holistic meathods... it would be so much easier to talk to him then. Maybe it isnt my place to talkt to him about it... but I also know that when he leaves here and goes to be with his family and we hear that he's died I will be SO UPSET.... It's my fault for being indecisive.... I'm a classic Libra people... I CANNOT make a decision properly... I dont know what to do.