Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SamsMom

Acne always in same spot

I was wondering if anybody else here has experienced what my daughter is going through. Since being on Sprio when she breaks out, it's primarily on her left cheek and a little bit on her forehead. The rest of her face is pretty clear. She's been on 100 mg of Sprio for 9 weeks plus bactrim for almost 4 weeks and she was doing a lot better till her period came and now she's breaking out in the exact same spots on her left cheek as last month (although not as badly). But now the red marks left behind are really noticeable, and it's odd, the breakouts the last couple of months are in a straight line up her cheek, like they follow a pattern. Before when she had really mild acne it was in random places all over face. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Yes! Whenever I break out while on spiro, it's the same spots over and over. Mine seem to be around my chin and mouth. And, yes, those spots are pretty red. However, the breakouts are becomming less and less frequent and severe. Now I might just get a little whitehead in that spot that dries up and disappears in a day or two. The redness is starting to fade also. I'm currently into my 5th month on spiro but the first 3 months were pretty rough. I'd be clear for days and days, even 2 or 3 weeks, and then suddenly have a bad breakout.

I'm sorry to say the only advice I can give you is to just be patient and wait and see how things are at the end of 4 months. That's when I can say that I've had the most improvement. I'm so scared I'm going to jinx myself my saying this, but I have not had any cystic acne (it's been over a month now!) since completing my 4th month on spiro.

Good luck! Hang in there!

Yes! Whenever I break out while on spiro, it's the same spots over and over. Mine seem to be around my chin and mouth. And, yes, those spots are pretty red. However, the breakouts are becomming less and less frequent and severe. Now I might just get a little whitehead in that spot that dries up and disappears in a day or two. The redness is starting to fade also. I'm currently into my 5th month on spiro but the first 3 months were pretty rough. I'd be clear for days and days, even 2 or 3 weeks, and then suddenly have a bad breakout.

I'm sorry to say the only advice I can give you is to just be patient and wait and see how things are at the end of 4 months. That's when I can say that I've had the most improvement. I'm so scared I'm going to jinx myself my saying this, but I have not had any cystic acne (it's been over a month now!) since completing my 4th month on spiro.

Good luck! Hang in there!

Thanks for the encourgagin words Miz. It's just frustrating when she keeps breaking out always in the same exact spots! She knows Sprio is going to take a few months more to kick in and she's willing to have breakouts for a few months in order to avoid taking antiboticis. They really are only bad when it's her time of the month. Otherwise she is making small progress. THanks so much for posting your experience, she's glad to hear that she's not alone. Keeping my fingers crossed that Sprio continues to work great for you!