Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tasha90

Derm Appointment Tomorrow

Derm appointment tomorrow, so any advice would be greatly appreciated! How should I approach this? All I know is that at my last derm appointment (with a complete moron) I brought a notebook with everything I wanted to say, with everything I had tried. He barely listened to me, and within less than 10 minutes I was on my way out with two samples of Differin and Cetaphil...Wow, thanks. Anyway, so now I'm going to this other dermatologist, and I just want him to listen to me when I say that Proactiv, Murad, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, sulfur, Retin A, Doxycycline, Minocycline, Clindamyacin, and Differin have not worked and I want some Accutane DAMNIT! How do I get him to listen to me about this and about the advantages of low dose Accutane without sounding like I know better than he does (Although I probably do lol)? Thanks!!!!

just ask him for it :D with my derm i told a little lie. nothing big lol. i said id been on EVERYTHING possible for my skin and nothing worked, i said id done herbal treatments, prescription sutff, dieting etc and that its my last straw. so he just went ahead and agreed. i had been on lots of things anyway so yeah :P

oh and i told him id been to a derm a year before and he;d told me to go on tane but i wasnt ready, but now i am. and he was like 'ok if another derm said to go on it, then thats ok'

hehe

Haha! But that advice will probably come in handy...I definitely won't fail to tell the derm about all of those herbal supplements I tried...and I might even mention to him that my former dermatologist had thought I should go on Accutane ;) We know how we do lol

Okay...So! I am back from the dermatologist, and I got Accutane! There is a lot of red tape due to IPledge, but I'm going to be optimistic. I have to be on birth control and an antibiotic for a month before I start, so I will begin in December. I'm nervous though. My mom and I got in a fight at the derm's office, she kept talking about the risks, etc...so I started crying, and when the doctor came in, I was still crying and he basically told me that I needed to calm down or else I would need to see a counselor. Then my mom told me that she was worried about my inability to deal with life's problems. Are you kidding me? With everything I do, with the grades I work hard to get, with all of the activities I am involved in and in charge of at school, with applying to college, with family problems, and on top of that, a disabling lack of self-esteem due to acne. All of this, but everyday I get up, get through school, and take responsibility. No, I don't want an award or a pat on the back. All I want is to not be denied the acknowledgement that I do deal with life's problems...all day, everyday. And no, I don't need a counselor. What, now on top of this, I am not allowed to feel frustrated, to feel upset that my life passes me by while I'm cooped up with homework and acne? But for some reason I still feel really stupid and guilty for crying, like I was making a big fuss over nothing....And I feel embarassed and pathetic...Trying to think positively, I guess

Damn.. I am in the same position as you..excpet im a male lol. I have tried fucking everything and nothign has worked for my acne. Im now a freshman in college and its so frustrating. Im going to a new derma in two weeks and i will demand to be put on accutane. It seems to work for everyone. Im on minocycline right now and it doesent do shit. sry for language but acne sucks yeah...

Yeah acne definitely sucks. Oh also the derm told me I was overreacting. I think it hurt my feelings...God I'm such a loser