Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snoopysimaginaryfriend

Face powder maybe

Hello everyone.

This is my third post but i have been stalking these boards for a while so I feel like I already know so many people here.

Anyway I have a question I hope you can help me with. My skin is very oily, especially because I wear a high spf every day. I would like a powder to take the shine off and would like some suggestions.

I've paricularly been looking at the all in one base from the Body Shop, has anyone tried this? I know Molly has been trying some BodyShop stuff (see, I've been watching you :shifty: )

Cover Girl fresh look pressed powder has good shine control.

Coty Airspun looks nicer, but doesn't offer as much shine control.

Thanks for the suggestions Brandy.

Do you know if either of them are available in the UK?

Do they have nice shades, I should have mentioned I'm very pale so I'm scared of looking too orange which is why I usually just wear spf and concealer

Actually, just applying some Milk of Magnesia can help with shine control! I put regular MoM in a small spray bottle, spray a squirt into my hand, and then apply it over my t-zone over my moisturizer and under my makeup (careful not to apply too much so it doesn't look cakey).

Skin care expert, Paula Begoun (www.cosmeticscop.com) recommends this. If curious, you can read more about it and these links: http://www.google.com/search?q=%22milk+of+...amp;rlz=1I7SNCA :)

How about MAC Blot? It's popular but very expensive. I haven't tried it, just read great reviews about it.

And what about mineral finishing powder? They usually contain zinc oxide and titanium dioxide too so they have SPF and would be perfect for during the day because when you're touching up your makeup, you'd be reapplying sunscreen too! :D

How about MAC Blot? It's popular but very expensive. I haven't tried it, just read great reviews about it.

And what about mineral finishing powder? They usually contain zinc oxide and titanium dioxide too so they have SPF and would be perfect for during the day because when you're touching up your makeup, you'd be reapplying sunscreen too! :D

Thankyou for your suggestions.

Acne Be Gone Fairy do you think it would be ok to use MoM over my moisturiser and not put any make up other than concealer over the top.

I have thought about mineral makeup but a lot of them you have toorder and its sometimes hard to find one that matches my skin tone. The only one I think I would be able to see in the shop is L'oreal and I don't like to use them. But I think Almay are bringing one out

Hello everyone.

This is my third post but i have been stalking these boards for a while so I feel like I already know so many people here.

Anyway I have a question I hope you can help me with. My skin is very oily, especially because I wear a high spf every day. I would like a powder to take the shine off and would like some suggestions.

I've paricularly been looking at the all in one base from the Body Shop, has anyone tried this? I know Molly has been trying some BodyShop stuff (see, I've been watching you :shifty: )

Actually i've just checked out the UK company that Iguana has posted about. I like their ethics and the samples are quite cheap (may have to indulge in some eyeshadows as well then!) so I think I'll give them a try, but thanks for all the replies and I will definetly bear them in mind if this stuff doesn't work out. :D

Thanks for the suggestions Brandy.

Do you know if either of them are available in the UK?

Do they have nice shades, I should have mentioned I'm very pale so I'm scared of looking too orange which is why I usually just wear spf and concealer

Oc8 mattifier used to work well for me..odnt use it anymore, i think it stopped being so effective after a while. use loose powder rather than pressed- more natural and longer lasting. a good one is clinique blended face powder

MAC Blot is fantastic at controlling oilyness. Since i have started using it, i have had no oilyness throughout the day which is amazing for me.

I apply is before i put any makeup on, then i apply it again after all my makeup is done.