Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AxeMurderer

About to start the DKR but have one question.

Hi, I was wondering, is BP bad for your skin? on another forum someone said this "Im pretty sure benzoyl peroxide is one of the biggest scams in medicine. It damages your skin and will make it worse in the long run." Whats the deal with that? True,False? any info? thanks.

Oh I almost forgot. Is it ok to wash my face in the shower with regular soap?

This question is coming up more and more on these boards, largely due to advertising propaganda for companies peddling their less effective products (a cruel scare tactic). Benzoyl Peroxide has an excellent track record spanning over 50 years. There have been studies done on mice to tell whether or not Benzoyl Peroxide demonstrated a carcinogenic potential in concentrations of 100 percent but it was inconclusive, never proven. Statements have been made scientifically to indicate that the drug is perfectly safe. BPO breaks down into benzoic acid and oxygen when applied topically, neither which are harmful and they are both rapidly metabolized. Any "damage" that could occur is very VERY minute. Dan himself has noted that the areas he has used BP on look BETTER than areas where BP was absent, quite a revelation if I do say so myself! Just a word of warning... you may need to moisturize because BP can be drying. If this happens to you, you know what to do!

-Drew

ok thanks for all the info. one last question. I'm supposed to do it 2x a day right, morning and night? but where on the site does it say that? I looked everywhere on the site and I couldnt find where it said how many times a day to do it.

Yes, do it two times a day for best results. However, when you start off it may be best just to do it once a day, depends on how dry your skin gets. I think he says, (dan) how often to use it on the page where he describes how much to use.

Yes, do it two times a day for best results. However, when you start off it may be best just to do it once a day, depends on how dry your skin gets. I think he says, (dan) how often to use it on the page where he describes how much to use.

oh haha I see it now, I dont know how I missed that. so about when im taking a shower, is it ok to wash my face with regular soap? or should I not wash it all in the shower, or get some sensitive type of soap?

Thanks, sorry for so many questions. I have one last question I think. I have a Invigoration Cleansing Scrub from Avon and I was wondering if it would be ok? It says anti-bacterial on it. on the back it says use once to twice a week when deep cleansing is desired. does that mean I cant use this daily? I have another daily cleanser but was just checking if I could use this when I run out of the other one. also will any moisturizer be ok or is there anything specific I should look out for? Thanks again. (trying not to go out and buy all new things, already bought Neutrogena On-the-Spot today at walmart and it was pretty expensive for the small tube :()

No scrubs. Just find a gentle unmedicated facial cleanser. Even baby wash would suffice.

As for moisturizers, find one that is oil-free and non-comedogenic.

No scrubs. Just find a gentle unmedicated facial cleanser. Even baby wash would suffice.

As for moisturizers, find one that is oil-free and non-comedogenic.

Oh ok thanks. I'll have to get a new moisturizer then. I have Clearasil Daily face wash. Would that be good enough? it says Oil Free. clears away dirty, oil and bacteria without overdrying. Also one last question I promise. So you have to keep using this Regimen for the rest of your life basically? or until you get old enough and outgrow it, if you ever do that is? I heard some ppl took accutane and it never came back once they got off it, but some said it did come back. Is it the same chance of it coming back or is it least likely to come back with accutane? or is it possible for some ppl to clear up their face with DKR and stop doing it and it never come back, or is that like impossible? thanks again, sorry for all the questions.

Just be careful with the term "non-comedogenic". Just because a product CLAIMS to be noncomedogenic doesn't necessarily mean that it is. Everyone's skin is different and there is no way to guage how your skin will react to it. A great example of this is MAC makeup. For some it may work beautifully but for others it spells clogged pores and headaches. The best thing to do is get brand recommendations to try first. I recommend complex 15 therapeutic face cream, I use it, and have found it to work quite well, it has a light consistency that is so rare with moisturizers. A good rule of thumb to remember is that the thicker it is...the more comedogenic it may be.

-Drew