Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just bought this Olay Moisture Therapy today and it made my skin red. I am so pissed. I have spent so much money trying stuff. Can anyone recommend a good facial cleanser and moisturizer?

Keep in mind that any moisturizer can do this if you are new to the Regimen. You might keep using it and see if your skin adjusts. When I was new to the Regimen, Neutrogena oil-free stung and made my skin red and I had to switch. But now I can use it just fine.

So, if you want to try another one pick from our list. Cetaphil is usually well-tolerated.

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#moisturizer-sting

http://www.acne.org/findingsupplies2.php#step3

I think that problem is me. My skin on my cheeks is so dry and chapped that I believe that moisturizer is working and making it slightly red because it does feel moisturized.

Whether you're on the regimen or not, I highly recommend Cetaphil's Antibacterial Sensitive skin bar. It is slightly moisturizing and very gentle.

At night, it won't hurt to apply a very thin film of Vaseline petrolatum jelly. It's best applied right after your warm shower (not hot) so that it helps lock in the moisture. Massage in gently.

It's best to take warm, not hot showers, particularly during winter. The indoor heating will dry your skin out as will the hot water in a shower. It can get itchy and flaky from being so dry.

Another great moisturizer is Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizing Lotion with SPF 15. It's not at all greasy and feels nice and light on the skin.