Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Calidus

Olive oil as a supplement?

I'm having a hard time to add olive oil to my diet, so I started eating it just plain.

So how much should you eat each day, and when? Is it better to take it with your lunch, or split it up morning/night?

And another question, do you have any tips on stuff that you can add olive oil to?

Fish oil is rich in omega 3's, olive oil is rich in omega 6, as of what I heard, maintaining a balance between these is good.

I agree with necro in that while flax and fish oil are great to take for supplements, olive oil is more useful in preparing meals. It is a great and healthy oil compared to many others, esp virgin, but taking it straight? Iduno...

I heard of people taking fish oil capsules and eating olive oil on this forum, probably eating the olive oil with a salad or something like that. But would eating plain olive oil be less healthy in any way? Some olive oils doesn't even taste that bad when you take it straight...

I heard of people taking fish oil capsules and eating olive oil on this forum, probably eating the olive oil with a salad or something like that. But would eating plain olive oil be less healthy in any way? Some olive oils doesn't even taste that bad when you take it straight...

I cook in olive oil :D I don't think you really needa "take" it, it's good for

salads an stuff.............................if you happen to have no taste buds. :lol:

I cook in olive oil :D

Probably not a good idea. Too many unsaturated fatty acids in olive oil.

Just add it to your food. The fat will help your body assimilate vitamins, so top it on your salads and vegetables and you should be good. No need to take it as a supplement.