Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Not sure what this is but i have a round hard lump on my neck just by shoulder blade i think it is, its very hard and inflamed and hurts, i've read that this could be an inflamed lymph node how do you tell if its a cyst/nodule or inflamed lymph node?.

how do you tell if its a cyst/nodule or inflamed lymph node?.

Tommy Boi,

It's probably not the best idea to have people diagnose a skin problem over the internet, for one thing it is practicing medicine without a license.

In my opinion you would be best advised to see a physician.

Good luck to you and all the best,

Joe Zit

Well its called asking a question like many many people do on here, i'm not exactly putting my life into someone elses hands am i, and also your name really isn't Joe ZIT is it?.

Just look up on the net the location of lymph nodes. If the enlarged spot is in a similar spot, it's possibly an enlarged lymph node.

But whether it is or not, you should have it examined. Redness, swelling and pain in an unusual place should be checked out. Not ASAP, but within a week at least.

Well its called asking a question like many many people do on here, i'm not exactly putting my life into someone elses hands am i, and also your name really isn't Joe ZIT is it?.

Well Tommy Boi...what if I said that I thought that it was simply a cystic acne pimple and it turned out to be an inflamed lymph node, which turned out to be a symptom of something far more serious and you ignored it and then found yourself with a really serious medical condition, all because you took my opinion as fact...do you see the point?

Tommy Boi: what do you mean, I have an inflamed lymph node?

Doctor: Based on my examination, that is my diagnosis, why didn't you seek help earlier?

Tommy Boi: Because somebody on the internet said they thought it was merely a cystic acne pimple.

Doctor: Who was that?

Tommy Boi: Oh, some Yank named Joe Zit.

Doctor: You can't be serious, nobody is named Joe Zit !

Well originally the name was Zitti (like the pasta) but after my great-great grandfather moved from Naples to Manchester, England he shortened it to Zit...thought it would sound more English, don't you see? Then my grandfather moved to the United States and settled in New York City...and kept the name. We thought about changing it, and my schoolmates were really rough on me and my brothers...Dad said we should be proud of our name and heritage, and to date no one has changed it. Myself and my family are all a bunch of Zits. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :liar:

Your chum.

Joe Zit

Well originally the name was Zitti (like the pasta) but after my great-great grandfather moved from Naples to Manchester, England he shortened it to Zit...thought it would sound more English, don't you see? Then my grandfather moved to the United States and settled in New York City...and kept the name. We thought about changing it, and my schoolmates were really rough on me and my brothers...Dad said we should be proud of our name and heritage, and to date no one has changed it. Myself and my family are all a bunch of Zits. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :liar:

Your chum.

Joe Zit

That's a cute story. Maybe look into stand-up comedy? (not sarcasm)