Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i swear it killllsss me the fact that im shorrttttt. ( im 17 year old male btw ) ...today i saw this gurl. and she was like. wow if only u were taller! :(.. and this other gurl told me. hmmm. didnt u bcome shorter??!!

the only 1 thing i love to do, is weightlift. and i heard that can stunt my height.

now im taking accutane. and i read stories that it affected a few peoples heights. and im afraid thts the reason this gurl's telling me i got shorter? i know it cud not be trueeee. dangg. if only i was tallllllerrr!! life sucksssss :snooty:

even if you were a bit taller, you dont want to be in relationships with those kind of people anyways

i swear it killllsss me the fact that im shorrttttt. ( im 17 year old male btw ) ...today i saw this gurl. and she was like. wow if only u were taller! :(.. and this other gurl told me. hmmm. didnt u bcome shorter??!!

the only 1 thing i love to do, is weightlift. and i heard that can stunt my height.

now im taking accutane. and i read stories that it affected a few peoples heights. and im afraid thts the reason this gurl's telling me i got shorter? i know it cud not be trueeee. dangg. if only i was tallllllerrr!! life sucksssss :snooty:

i swear it killllsss me the fact that im shorrttttt. ( im 17 year old male btw ) ...today i saw this gurl. and she was like. wow if only u were taller! :( .. and this other gurl told me. hmmm. didnt u bcome shorter??!!

What the fuck? Why is everyone calling those girls bitches?

I know for a fact that if a girl was lots taller then me i'd probably never date her, does that make me a bitch?

OP stop whining and get over it, learn to love your shortness, what a stupid topic

thanx guyss. il try to just get over it. hopefuly i will grow tho :)

so if you know, through x-rays or whatever, that you're done growing, I apologize for the above comment.)

What the fuck? Why is everyone calling those girls bitches?

I know for a fact that if a girl was lots taller then me i'd probably never date her, does that make me a bitch?

OP stop whining and get over it, learn to love your shortness, what a stupid topic

so if you know, through x-rays or whatever, that you're done growing, I apologize for the above comment.)

no i havnt actly. i didnt know there was smthn like that:P il surely luk into that. hopfuly if i AM gona grow, accutane wont screw that. lol maybe i wont be from the few ppl it has affected on height-wise :D

no i havnt actly. i didnt know there was smthn like that:P il surely luk into that. hopfuly if i AM gona grow, accutane wont screw that. lol maybe i wont be from the few ppl it has affected on height-wise :D

Drink milk. I am 1 ft taller than my mom and 0.5 ft taller than my dad. It probably has created some acne issues but it helped me grow to be 6'0". However, it doesn't help bone strength much since I have broken about 7 bones in my life.

Maybe you can ask your gp? If you're close to average they might not want to do it, though. Mine was accidental: I broke my leg. X-rays showed the growth plates in my ankles were closed (that's how they tell). The orthopedic surgeon thought this was interesting. They did a full-body bone scan. The doc then informed me I would never be 5'. It was nice to know, so I never had to wonder why I wasn't growing yet and could just focus on my comebacks to short jokes. If it comes down to it, you could just break your leg . . . ;)

If Satan's body was the Org, Emo would be his asshole.

I honestly have no clue what it is like to be short. I have always been tall for my age and now I am 19 and 6'5".

Unless everyone in your family is short, or you have some condition that is causing you to be short, you might still grow. I had a friend that did not really grow very much until around 17. He had a huge growth spurt and ended up over 6 ft tall and he was like 5' 4" before that. I would not worry about it yet. When you are 20 you should start to worry about it.

Or you could be short for life. In that case, you better start earning lots of money, and build up your muscles to make up for what you don't have in height, because you are always gonna be looked down on (literally).

BTW, how short are you?

everyone wants to know how short you are!!! tell us!

maybe you're not that short?

and who cares about being short. Tom Cruise is short, etc.

Petite girls (in my opinion) are pretty. girls ard 5 ft - 5 ft 5 are pretty!!! and lucky. they can wear heels, look sexy (long legs to torso ratio) w/o looking like monstrous amazons (sorry tall girls... but stick to flats ><)

so like yeah. haha don't worry!

im 5'6

ur 17 u will grow till ur 22ish if im not mistaken dont worry esp. about things u have little to no control over

stay positive, fullfill your own expectations. not others'

My younger brother's 5'5" and has NEVER had a problem getting girls. He wouldn't mind being a few inches taller, of course, but he's so good looking and charming that it never gets in his way. Sometimes my friends will say things like "Your bro is so cute! Too bad he's so short ..." but at the same time, they are looking, aren't they? Nobody can resist my bro, small size or not! All of his girlfriends - some taller than him - have begged to have him back when HE dumped THEM. He's always been confident and smart and cool and that's the difference - people notice his height but they don't treat him any differently. If you don't let it get in your way, people won't think of it as a hindrance, either. My bro has always made the most of everything - he was our high school's star soccer player and is now an assistant producer at ABC news and a hell of a good one besides. He's the best!!!

We're schooled to expect the man to be taller than the female because we're a sexually dimorphic species (males compete over the females in order to pass on their genes due to the fact that there are many male sex cells and fewer female sex cells. thus, men tend to be bigger than females) But we've also evolved sentience - we can think, reason, and know for a fact that it's not how big a man is; it's how great he is.

I echo what another poster said earlier - if you want to feel taller, pick a girl who's shorter than you!! I was 5 feet tall before I broke my back in a car accident (I'm 4'11" now) and I always told my taller friends to pass on their "short" guys to me. For me, a 5'5" guy is a giant and I'd happily take him!!! ;) I also like to say that my mission in life is to make people feel taller.

Even though it's considered "better" for a girl to be short than a man, I always had terrible insecurity about my size, growing up in the Southern USA where most people were much, much larger than I am. I was picked on relentlessly at school by people who said horrible things like "no man will ever want you because men want to be with women who look like women - not 10 year olds." I believed those things for a long time but when I moved to New York City for school I met TONS of people my size and lots of men who liked me, too. My boyfriend is 6 feet tall and loves how small I am; he tells me all the time. We probably look a little silly standing next to each other but what are you gonna do? I once thought nothing could be as bad as being 5 feet - then I "shrunk," courtesy of squashed vertebra. And here I am - still kicking. Might I be more confident if I were 4 inches taller and had a clear face? Probably. But I think I'd probably find something else to cry about.

Remember; it's not how big you are - it's how great you are.

Yes, short guys are cute in the same way that Elmo or Pokemon are cute. Maybe I'm just insecure but I have a hard time taking any guy who is shorter than me seriously.

your not that short. anyway i think shorter guys can be good..height is only one factor of attractiveness with so many others.. i do usually go for taller guys, but i have also gone for guys who were only a little taller than me. the guy i like right now is about 5" 7 or 8 and he is proper fit. think about other ways you can pull girls...have a good personality, wear clothes with style, confidence...etc