Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Overload

Do an extra month?

i need help lol. ive somehow got an extra months worth of pills, im due to finish next week. ive been on it for four months

month 1: 40mg

month 2: 50mg

month 3: 60mg

month 4: 60mg

and i dont know whether to do an extra month just to make sure it proper goes into remission. im all clear, jsut got the bastard red marks. im thinking to do the month, But at the same time i want my skin to start healing because the red marks just wont go away.

HELP :(

Guest AcneProne_1977
Since you've got the pills already, you might aswell take them.

Red marks need patience, what's one more month anyway?

its so tough, im dying to get off it, but at the same time im terrified haha

i didnt think red marks would stay around so long, even on tane. i remember starting in july and thinking to myself 'come xmas i'll be completely clear'. doesnt look that way, but as you lot said if it puts it into remission even more than its worth it i guess!

Guest AcneProne_1977
but as you lot said if it puts it into remission even more than its worth it i guess!

I think none of us is capable of telling you whether you should go ahead or not. Its your derm who should be the one. If your derm says you should do it then do it otherwise if your derm says not to, then you better not risk it. Getting too much accutane over what you should have is not a good thing.

ok so from personal experience...

I did 3 months of accutane consecutively...40mg then two months of 80mg. cleared up my skin extremely nicely, and everything was wonderful. three weeks later the cystic type of acne that hurts came back, and thankfully my dermatologist gave me a 4th month worth of accutane just in case this happened (took a blood test for fourth month etc). i went ahead and took the fourth month, and it cleared me for 3 months more!! much better than the 3 weeks it took for the remission after only taking it for 3 months. however, my acne is back now (3 months after my 4th month), and i realllly wanna get back on accutane or do smoothbeam. I'd say go ahead and finish it, instead of starting allll over again. it might be better for you now, than if you wanted to go back on it. hope i could help!