Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Please explain!!!!

Grains are grasses that grow edible kernels (their fruits)

These kernels are "whole grains"

They can be cooked and eaten or they can be refined (removing the bran and the germ) to make "pearled grains" or flour to make pasta and bread.

Since refined grains lose the bran and the germ they're not only way less nutritious but the carbohydrates have a stronger glycemic impact and your blood sugar raises quicker.

Grains are

Triticale, Wheat, Green Wheat, Corn, Buckwheat, Spelt, Barley, Oats, Kamut, Sorghum, Quinoa, Amaranth, Teff, Brown Rice, Wild Rice, Red Rice, Black Rice, Rye, Farro and Millet.

*MOD EDIT - REMOVED REPLY TO A NOW INVISIBLE POST*

For those who know a little about nutrition it may seem like a very simple topic but I always imagine what I would do if I had a question about computer programmation (I have zero knowledge about) and I know that I would prefer someone to summarize it for me as google can be intimidating for things you don't know aynthing about :shifty:

Hello all. Let us remain with a spirit of helpful friendliness that usually characterizes the Nutrition and Holistic Health forum. I have made a few posts invisible. You all know who you are. Condescending responses aren't welcoming to new members. And to all: don't fly off the handle and be rude yourself in return to condescension. Thank you.