Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lostit00

too much tape peeling -> red spots and pus :((

in the past week i got too enthusiastic with the tape peeling method and got my face messed up. wat i realize is is that the brown marks on my chin and jawline were the ones getting inflamed. wat does that mean really? and also i've got red patchy blotchesin those areas where there is inflammation but not in other areas which i also exfoliated with the same frequency. so too much peeling caused the relapse?

i was doing it on average of once a day. at most twice a day, cos i thought i was smart to have figured the itching must be causd by the dad skin and hence must be removed thru more peeling (!!). the itching was probably a sign of pimples forming, my body was under stress for a few days (lack of sleep). so yeah it could be a combination of stress+too much peeling.

so my face itched for really long and the pus heads took 3 days to form following the constant itching. now i wont exfoliate my skin till all these heals. meanwhile im applying loads of vitamin e on them and a big scar. i use cetaphil cleanser. hmhm.. so wat else can i do now? egg white masks? aspirin masks?

omg those pimples are just asking to be poppped. Pop em! They look too painful to keep like that. Maybe you are allergic to the tape by the way. Maybe you could just exfoliate with a baby brush like Patrick (NdnRomeo) made a thread about :)

Whatever you do, do not pop them! Try not to pick at all, I've learnt that lesson the hard way. My skin was extremely similiar to yours this time last year, I tended to give in to the temptation to pick and ended up having tons of red marks and ice-pick type scars. It took a good six months for the red marks to nyon disappear and even now I still have some. So for the love of god please listen to me on this one and do not pick, squeeze or poke about with them!

the pus are gone now actually. the irritating thing is the itchiness as evidenced by the patchy redness. for eg. i'll take a walk around the neighborhood and because of the little sweat my face get it'll itch like hell! wat i do now is just wash my face and use an ice cube over the really itchy spots. i wonder how long will this last? the patchy red is so yucky

Um, not sure if this helps, but my face always looks like that just from having acne. I've never even tried tape, so if it keeps up or goes away and returns, maybe your acne is just morphing into a new form of acne just for kicks . . .

a new form?!

oh another thing, the side of my face is abit uneven in skin tone, i guess also from too much peeling. how should i fix that? ACV? or just let it ride itself out?

It sounds like your face is pretty irritated right now. Maybe lay low on the treatments until the irritation has died down? I'd probably just use a gentle cleanser and a gentle moisturizer for a few days and let things heal themselves for now.

it's been like that for 10 days, situation hasnt improved actually. 10 days ago i was using tape, cetaphil, sometimes coconut oil as moisturizer.

now i just use cetaphil. just started using ACV to try and curb the redness. should i continue using coconut oil as moisturizer?

as my skin is very sensitive now and although i have vitamin e cream and aloe vera gel, im very hesistant to use them cos i read vitamin e cream has irritants and one of the ingredients of the aloe vera gel (jorubi brand) can be an irritant also :(

from the way things look, it seems it might take up to a month to heal :(:(

"Of the patients studied, 33% developed a contact dermatitis to the vitamin E."

http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi/abs/1...journalCode=dsu

UPDATE: raw aloe vera applied on the red areas helped ALOT. after 3 days of it my chin areas are no longer flaky, wow! so yeah for anyone reading this skip the topicals go the real thang :D