Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Slothien

How do Models/Celebrities do it?!

I can't find a "General Chat" forum here so I thought this may be the best place to post this.

All my friends pretty much have perfect skin. I also look at models/celebrities and they all have perfect skin.

How the hell do they keep their skin like that? Like are they naturally resistant to acne? Or are they using some sort of secret regimen?!

There are a lot of celebrities who have acne! Britney Speares, Camren (sp?) Diaz, Brad Pit, etc.

Between you couldve posted this in the EMO section and when you have three month membership here and 150 posts, you can post in the lounge which is our off topic forum

I often wonder that myself- I am so jealous of people who never have to worry about their skin!! They just don't get it- they think it's not a big deal... I wish everyone would have bad skin for at least a while to experience it- it's not just a vanity thing. It's a self esteem thing- I feel awful about myself and am very depressed when my skin sucks. It's not fun. It is getting better now though :D

Models don't make it if they have bad skin, this is why you will never see a super/top model with breakouts (freaks). However, celebrities are just regular people who get paid shitloads to do what they love...generally singing/acting.

How many times have you seen celebrities in real life? Probably not that often. The pics you see in tabloids are photoshopped to the max! Most magazine covers make women look like porcelain dolls, no shadows or real features to speak of! The only magaziines you should read are the ones where they show all the celebs without makeup, out and about shopping, etc.

We always compare ourselves to people who are better looking or more well off than ourselves. This only proves to be detrimental to our health, which in turn will probably lead to more breakouts due to stress.

Don't compare your skin to others, compare your personality instead. Or compare yourself to those less fortunate than yourself. Yeh ok, acne is bad, but at least we lead generally healthy, normal lives.

Most of the pictures where they have perfect skin are in photo shoots. The paparazzi pictures that are shot of them are a much truer picture of the way they look in real life and they don't look perfect by any means.

Plus, its their job to look gorgeous - so they pay an awful lot of money to have beautiful skin, otherwise they wouldn't get any starring roles!

You'd be surprised...I've seen them do some close-ups on celebrities and have been amazed to see pimples. I think with the celebs you have to remember they have million dollar make-up artists working around the clock to make them look flawless...they have access to expensive treatments the average person may not afford...and all of the photos you see in magazines have been retouched.