Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've had acne for years about 8 or so but it's become a lot worse this year. I've tried many products, prescription and over the counter with limited success. I have to admit, bp did clear me up and also brought me to tears...I couldn't put moisturizer on without my skin burning for at least half an hour and this wasn't due to the fact that I increased the dosage too quickly. My skin is simply too sensitive and the cons of bp far outweighed the pros. After trying product after product I decided a more simple approach might be more beneficial after looking at many labels I came up with this regimen:

Morning:

Derma e- Problem Skin 1 Cleanser

Derma e- Problem Skin 3 Moisturizer

Moisturizer

Night:

Aqua Glycolic Cleanser

Moisturizer

That's it! A process that takes less time than almost all of my previous regimens even with waiting for the Derma e moisturizer to absorb a bit before placing on another moisturizer.

I'm really liking the Derma e products so far and I feel like in the long run it won't do more harm than good. To my understanding, the key to these products is their use of oils like tea tree (kills bacteria and helps acne heal more quickly?), lavender to sooth, chamomile to get rid of redness and rosewood bark (I think...) which is apperantly a natural source of salicylic acid. Honestly, I don't know the specifics of how this works but it does! I definately urge you, those who have sensitive skin and have had little luck thus far with your past/current products, to look up this line of products. There's a lot to choose from which I may try once my acne clears, but to clarify once again, I'm using the Derma e- **Problem Skin** line

I realize it's only been a few days but so far the results are great *knocks on wood* and I'm eccstatic. One more reason I'm loving this line, my skin is so soft! I tend to get dry, flaky skin from many products no matter how gentle they claim to be and winter only makes this worse. But now, in november, my skin feels so soft before I even put on the moisturizers and it stays this way the whole day!

I'll make sure to make updates in case anyone is interested in my progress

Update:

No replies so it seems like no one is interested...lol

Anyway, my skin is still doing great. I haven't gotten any of those big, deep, painful pimples. I did get two small pimples on my chin which I'm pretty sure are due to hormones but they went away in ONE day! I love this stuff. Also, I do have a few of those tiny, skin-colored bumps which are most likely from my makeup, but I have to emphasize that my skin hasn't been in this good of shape for at least a year and half.

Skin tone looks great! Besides the red marks left from old pimples I don't have red blotches or irritated spots. I attribute this, not only to Aveeno Ultra-calm moisturizer, which is supposed to reduce redness, but to the chamomile in the Derma-e products.

Main reasons I want to update? Got those two pimples on my chin and they were smaller than usual and went away super fast. Second, my skin isn't irritated or dry/flaky at all!

:wub:

Update:

No replies so it seems like no one is interested...lol

Anyway, my skin is still doing great. I haven't gotten any of those big, deep, painful pimples. I did get two small pimples on my chin which I'm pretty sure are due to hormones but they went away in ONE day! I love this stuff. Also, I do have a few of those tiny, skin-colored bumps which are most likely from my makeup, but I have to emphasize that my skin hasn't been in this good of shape for at least a year and half.

Skin tone looks great! Besides the red marks left from old pimples I don't have red blotches or irritated spots. I attribute this, not only to Aveeno Ultra-calm moisturizer, which is supposed to reduce redness, but to the chamomile in the Derma-e products.

Main reasons I want to update? Got those two pimples on my chin and they were smaller than usual and went away super fast. Second, my skin isn't irritated or dry/flaky at all!

:wub:

Yer. I find a regime that is more simple, actually is better for my skin. I use Cetaphil products, aloe vera and mineral makeup. You can find it in my log for more information.

Yer. I find a regime that is more simple, actually is better for my skin. I use Cetaphil products, aloe vera and mineral makeup. You can find it in my log for more information.

This looks like an effective and simple regimen to me. :)

BP also cleared me up but left my face extremely red and irritated. And like you, I also started slow at first but it didn't quite work out...

May I ask what moisturizer you use besides the Derma e-? I'm going to try Paula's Choice product line to see how that goes but if that doesn't work I might try something similar to your regimen...

Well, good luck and hopefully you continue seeing results!

-Matt

This looks like an effective and simple regimen to me. :)

BP also cleared me up but left my face extremely red and irritated. And like you, I also started slow at first but it didn't quite work out...

May I ask what moisturizer you use besides the Derma e-? I'm going to try Paula's Choice product line to see how that goes but if that doesn't work I might try something similar to your regimen...

Well, good luck and hopefully you continue seeing results!

-Matt

I've had acne for years about 8 or so but it's become a lot worse this year. I've tried many products, prescription and over the counter with limited success. I have to admit, bp did clear me up and also brought me to tears...I couldn't put moisturizer on without my skin burning for at least half an hour and this wasn't due to the fact that I increased the dosage too quickly. My skin is simply too sensitive and the cons of bp far outweighed the pros. After trying product after product I decided a more simple approach might be more beneficial after looking at many labels I came up with this regimen:

Morning:

Moisturizer

Night:

Aqua Glycolic Cleanser

Moisturizer

That's it! A process that takes less time than almost all of my previous regimens even with waiting for the Derma e moisturizer to absorb a bit before placing on another moisturizer.

I'm really liking the Derma e products so far and I feel like in the long run it won't do more harm than good. To my understanding, the key to these products is their use of oils like tea tree (kills bacteria and helps acne heal more quickly?), lavender to sooth, chamomile to get rid of redness and rosewood bark (I think...) which is apperantly a natural source of salicylic acid. Honestly, I don't know the specifics of how this works but it does! I definately urge you, those who have sensitive skin and have had little luck thus far with your past/current products, to look up this line of products. There's a lot to choose from which I may try once my acne clears, but to clarify once again, I'm using the Derma e- **Problem Skin** line

I realize it's only been a few days but so far the results are great *knocks on wood* and I'm eccstatic. One more reason I'm loving this line, my skin is so soft! I tend to get dry, flaky skin from many products no matter how gentle they claim to be and winter only makes this worse. But now, in november, my skin feels so soft before I even put on the moisturizers and it stays this way the whole day!

I'll make sure to make updates in case anyone is interested in my progress

I use Aveeno Ultra-Calm in the morning and, if my skin is really dry (rarely w/o bp), I use Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream at night.

Let me know if Paula's Choice doesn't work out for you. I'll let you know how Derma-e is working

Good luck to you as well! :)

Back again...

So, the Derma-e products pretty much cleared me up and then I just starting using cetaphil cleanser and I had clear skin for almost a month. I thought I finally got rid of acne! But it came back :( along with a bunch of tiny bumps on my forehead which is particularly annoying. I haven't had problems with my forehead for AGES...Does anyone know if this could be from dry winter weather?

Well, anyway I started using Derma-e again and sure enough the acne (besides the tiny bumps on my forehead) is clearing faster and staying away.

Has anyone tried these products? I'm really interested in knowing if you've had any success and/or long term side effects

-Leona

I was using Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser, and it worked fine for a few months, then all of a sudden I got all these clogged pores and whiteheads on my forehead! I stopped the antibiotic I was on, thinking it was caused by that, but I'm still getting new bumps, so I just took Cetaphil out of the regimen last night. I'll see if things improve, but I know some people have lots of problems with Cetaphil, so I'm guessing that's the problem.

I'm looking into different skincare methods incase Finacea doesn't work for me. Does Derma E target both inflamed acne and whiteheads/blackheads? What are the ingredients?

Thanks!

Hmm...cetaphil may very well be the culprit then! I think I'll stop using it and see if that helps otherwise it might be my foundation. Thanks for the comment!

Derma-e seems to help with almost everything...not so much on blackheads I think. I don't have many and don't pay much attention to the ones I do :confused: sorry. But yeah, it seems to help me with everything else. Just this morning I had a pimple that came to a head and I didn't even notice one there yesterday lol. It gets rid of them VERY quickly and does a good job of preventing acne.

Here are the links to each product I posted (the ingredients are listed at the bottom):

http://www.dermae.net/cgi-bin/fccgi.exe?w3...amp;WHICH=st_OB

http://www.dermae.net/cgi-bin/fccgi.exe?w3...amp;WHICH=st_OB

Thanks, Oni! Why were you trying to switch from the Derma E cleanser to Cetaphil's cleanser? (I'm thinking about getting these products and was just wondering if there was anything wrong with this cleanser. ;) ) Also, did you notice any redness/irritation/dryness while using Derma E, and was there an initial breakout?

I don't really get blackheads, either, but I do get mild pauples and clogged pores, so I was wondering if this product would be what I'm looking for. =]

Well, when I first started Derma-e it worked quickly (for me anyway). I did get an initial breakout and then they went away quickly. About 3 weeks later I started using cetaphil because I was getting tiny, skin colored bumps on the side of my nose and I wasn't sure why (still not). I thought it was because derma-e wasn't removing my makeup completely so I wanted to use another gentle cleanser along with derma-e to make sure. Eventually, my skin became clear to my satisfaction so I didn't bother using derma-e anymore. Shortly after, I started getting those small bumps and some whiteheads all over my forehead and then whiteheads...so, it's either the foundation I started around the same time, cetaphil, dry winter weather or a combination of those.

And it's very gentle, didn't irritate my skin whatsoever. Since I'm using it again I can see if it helps again and let you know before you buy it, otherwise, I hope it works for you too!

I noticed it's more expensive now O_O I got it on sale muahaha :razz:

Thank you! If I don't break out any more the next few days, then that'll probably mean that Cetaphil had caused all this, so I'll let you know. I hope Derma E works for you like it did the first time!

Hi! I will come back to reply better...... but I'm glad to see someone here who uses Derma E as well! All of the products I use are natural... Derma E is great. (I noticed you tried Cetaphil, STAY AWAY from that.... yuck yuck yuck).... stick to Derma E, and I can suggest some more natural products that you will love!

Hi! I will come back to reply better...... but I'm glad to see someone here who uses Derma E as well! All of the products I use are natural... Derma E is great. (I noticed you tried Cetaphil, STAY AWAY from that.... yuck yuck yuck).... stick to Derma E, and I can suggest some more natural products that you will love!

I think I might pick up the Derma E cleanser and moisturizer if I get a chance to run by Walgreens today, so I'll keep you updated. =] Best of luck!

Hey, I'm back! :)

First, I've got to say, I'm a huge fan of all Derma-E products. They say they are "formulated for results" and they really are. I'd recommend adding a Derma-E toner before your moisturizer, like the Vanilla Bean Toner (which is good for problem skin). And if you're looking for treatments, I love the AHA Beauty Fluid, it's soooo light, I use it once or twice a week (it's 5% glycolic and fruit acids), you don't even know it's on your skin (which I like), but you do gradually see the difference. (And the bottle lasts FOREVER, which is great).

The Derma-E website is: www.dermae.net

It is a great website, one of the best I've seen, check it out. What I do, is I pick the products I want, then my Health Food Store orders them in for me, maybe yours might do the same?

If you ever want to try some different brands of natural products, let me know and I can suggest some great ones. I'm really glad you found something that is working for you! :dance: I'll be back!

Hey, I'm back! :)

First, I've got to say, I'm a huge fan of all Derma-E products. They say they are "formulated for results" and they really are. I'd recommend adding a Derma-E toner before your moisturizer, like the Vanilla Bean Toner (which is good for problem skin). And if you're looking for treatments, I love the AHA Beauty Fluid, it's soooo light, I use it once or twice a week (it's 5% glycolic and fruit acids), you don't even know it's on your skin (which I like), but you do gradually see the difference. (And the bottle lasts FOREVER, which is great).

The Derma-E website is: www.dermae.net

It is a great website, one of the best I've seen, check it out. What I do, is I pick the products I want, then my Health Food Store orders them in for me, maybe yours might do the same?

If you ever want to try some different brands of natural products, let me know and I can suggest some great ones. I'm really glad you found something that is working for you! :dance: I'll be back!