Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NessaVenasaur

Finally a BREAKTHROUGH

I've had acne for years about 8 or so but it's become a lot worse this year. I've tried many products, prescription and over the counter with limited success. I have to admit, bp did clear me up and also brought me to tears...I couldn't put moisturizer on without my skin burning for at least half an hour and this wasn't due to the fact that I increased the dosage too quickly. My skin is simply too sensitive and the cons of bp far outweighed the pros. After trying product after product I decided a more simple approach might be more beneficial after looking at many labels I came up with this regimen:

Morning:

Derma e- Clear Skin 1 Problem Skin Cleanser

Derma e- Clear Skin 3 Problem Skin Moisturizer

Moisturizer

Night:

Aqua Glycolic Cleanser

Derma e- Clear Skin 1 Problem Skin Cleanser

Derma e- Clear Skin 3 Problem Skin Moisturize

Moisturizer

That's it! A process that takes less time than almost all of my previous regimens even with waiting for the Derma e moisturizer to absorb a bit before placing on another moisturizer.

I'm really liking the Derma e products so far and I feel like in the long run it won't do more harm than good. To my understanding, the key to these products is their use of oils like tea tree (kills bacteria and helps acne heal more quickly?), lavender to sooth, chamomile to get rid of redness and rosewood bark (I think...) which is apperantly a natural source of salicylic acid. Honestly, I don't know the specifics of how this works but it does! I definately urge you, those who have sensitive skin and have had little luck thus far with your past/current products, to look up this line of products. There's a lot to choose from which I may try once my acne clears, but to clarify once again, I'm using the Derma e- **Problem Skin** line

I realize it's only been a few days but so far the results are great *knocks on wood* and I'm eccstatic. One more reason I'm loving this line, my skin is so soft! I tend to get dry, flaky skin from many products no matter how gentle they claim to be and winter only makes this worse. But now, in november, my skin feels so soft before I even put on the moisturizers and it stays this way the whole day!

I'll make sure to make updates in case anyone is interested in my progress

Update:

No replies so it seems like no one is interested...lol

Anyway, my skin is still doing great. I haven't gotten any of those big, deep, painful pimples. I did get two small pimples on my chin which I'm pretty sure are due to hormones but they went away in ONE day! I love this stuff. Also, I do have a few of those tiny, skin-colored bumps which are most likely from my makeup, but I have to emphasize that my skin hasn't been in this good of shape for at least a year and half.

Skin tone looks great! Besides the red marks left from old pimples I don't have red blotches or irritated spots. I attribute this, not only to Aveeno Ultra-calm moisturizer, which is supposed to reduce redness, but to the chamomile in the Derma-e products.

Main reasons I want to update? Got those two pimples on my chin and they were smaller than usual and went away super fast. Second, my skin isn't irritated or dry/flaky at all!

:wub:

Back again...

So, the Derma-e products pretty much cleared me up and then I just starting using cetaphil cleanser and I had clear skin for almost a month. I thought I finally got rid of acne! But it came back along with a bunch of tiny bumps on my forehead which is particularly annoying. I haven't had problems with my forehead for AGES...Does anyone know if this could be from dry winter weather?

Well, anyway I started using Derma-e again and sure enough the acne (besides the tiny bumps on my forehead) is clearing faster and staying away.

Has anyone tried these products? I'm really interested in knowing if you've had any success and/or long term side effects

-Leona

I'm going to go buy a bottle of TTO to see if it'll help out my skin. IF it does so....I might as well try out your rec. cleansers and etc. ~

Some people have said they only use TTO in their regimen and they say it works even w/o BP or SA. Interesting concept. Of course, it all depends on the person's skin.

I'm going to go buy a bottle of TTO to see if it'll help out my skin. IF it does so....I might as well try out your rec. cleansers and etc. ~

Some people have said they only use TTO in their regimen and they say it works even w/o BP or SA. Interesting concept. Of course, it all depends on the person's skin.

I just got some TTO!

Now i'm just curious as to how I should implement it into my regimen...after cleansing...before BP? I'm not sure D: