Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User15978

DIY Sugar Waxing?

Has anyone used wax (for face/body) but made it themselves at home? I think my favourite wax is getting discontinued, and i desperately need to do my upper lip. :redface: And soon need to do my legs. I have heard you can melt sugar (white or brown) on the stove, let it cool just a little, apply to the skin, and use it like you would with a normal wax in stores?

Has anyone tried a DIY wax?

Just buy a Braun Silk Epil starter kit! I use mine for my face, too. It's magnificent. :D

If you google 'sugaring' you will find a link to the recipe :) you have to get the consistency right though or else it wont work.

I used to use this stuff called Nad's. (You can stop laughing now, boys.) At the time it wasn't sold in stores and you could only get it online. It was great. It didn't hurt nearly as much as waxing. In fact, it was pretty painless. And it wasn't very messy either. You could use the strips about 2 or 3 times if you were quick about it and the stuff didn't warm up too much from body heat.

HOWEVER, I used it all and just didn't re-order it for quite a while. Quite some time after, I found it in CVS, so I bought some and went right home to start ripping hair out. When I used it just didn't seem the same. It didn't work as well and *unfortunately* I got a very itchy rash on my leg. I had only done one leg, so being somewhat of a glutton for punishment, I decided to do the other leg to see if I could replicate the problems. Unfortunately, I could. At least my legs matched...

I figured that they must have changed the ingredients or something. Anyway, if anyone has any success with a good recipe, please post it.

TYSVM!

I have tried that before and it didn't work to well... If you're still gonna try it than you should add some lemon to it. If you don't it just turns back to regular sugar. You could look up the actual recipes on google, that's what I did.

I used to use this stuff called Nad's. (You can stop laughing now, boys.) At the time it wasn't sold in stores and you could only get it online. It was great. It didn't hurt nearly as much as waxing. In fact, it was pretty painless. And it wasn't very messy either. You could use the strips about 2 or 3 times if you were quick about it and the stuff didn't warm up too much from body heat.

HOWEVER, I used it all and just didn't re-order it for quite a while. Quite some time after, I found it in CVS, so I bought some and went right home to start ripping hair out. When I used it just didn't seem the same. It didn't work as well and *unfortunately* I got a very itchy rash on my leg. I had only done one leg, so being somewhat of a glutton for punishment, I decided to do the other leg to see if I could replicate the problems. Unfortunately, I could. At least my legs matched...

I figured that they must have changed the ingredients or something. Anyway, if anyone has any success with a good recipe, please post it.

TYSVM!

Sugaring is hard to get the right consistency, it definately takes practice. I havent tried it for a while because I kinda gave up after not being able to get it to work even though I was following the directions as close as I could. I think only one time I got it to work ok, but not great. Try finding a roll-on wax, they work good. Nair makes one that is water soluble so it washes off easy, although I havent found it in the store lately. I know Sally's has them in their wax section but I dont know if its the water soluble kind. Not to say the water soluble kind is better for waxing, I just like how it washes off with warm water.

you can buy it along with the strips in the Body Shop (well in the UK anyway). I stopped doing it as it was too much hastle.