Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, I've had this thing for a long long time, and it has never went away. A couple days ago, I tried to pop it, thinking it was a pimple, but it turns out nothing happened, and the area just became red and more visible. Can someone help me? (Link to pic is below, the area is circled in yellow. you might have to zoom in)

IMAGE REMOVED BY USER.

It's really hard to tell from the picture as it's not close up; is the redness from your attempt to pop it?

It may be an under the skin pimple. I had one on my cheek for years (literally, yes, years) but it wasn't at all red. Now that I'm taking minocyclin, it is completely gone. First time in YEARS that it's not been there. I think it's gone for good.

It might be a red mark that has a bit of scar tissue under it.

I can't say; a derm or physician who examines you in person could definitely tell you!

Okay, I've had this thing for a long long time, and it has never went away. A couple days ago, I tried to pop it, thinking it was a pimple, but it turns out nothing happened, and the area just became red and more visible. Can someone help me? (Link to pic is below, the area is circled in yellow. you might have to zoom in)

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4094/picuu2.jpg

thats a pimple you douche bag

Geez, why so harsh? He's concerned that it might NOT be a pimple, due to its duration and lack of popping. Just because he didn't know a pimple could have that kind of staying power is no reason to call him a douche bag, dude.

Master_Z, how long exactly have you had this? Weeks, months, days? If it's been days or weeks, I'd try putting a warm compress on it to draw it up, and leaving it alone for a few days to see if it comes to a head. If it doesn't, leave it alone and it could go away on its own. If it's still there in a few weeks, I'd see a doctor about it.

Geez, why so harsh? He's concerned that it might NOT be a pimple, due to its duration and lack of popping. Just because he didn't know a pimple could have that kind of staying power is no reason to call him a douche bag, dude.

Master_Z, how long exactly have you had this? Weeks, months, days? If it's been days or weeks, I'd try putting a warm compress on it to draw it up, and leaving it alone for a few days to see if it comes to a head. If it doesn't, leave it alone and it could go away on its own. If it's still there in a few weeks, I'd see a doctor about it.

Thanks. Um..Its been there pretty invisible for like a month or 2. By invisible I mean you could barely even notice it. But I tried to pop it...and now its more visible and its as if its almost surfaced. I havent a clue on what it is.