Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sdog.

Sweat and acne.

Hi. I just started accutane a few days ago due to my extremely persistent acne. Its the last straw for me and im really hoping it will pull through. Im a dancer so i sweat pretty much all day. My mom isnt sure how much my skin is ever going to clear up due to the fact that i sweat so much, but i havent heard much about sweat while looking over everyones topics. Does sweat make acne worse?...does is have any correlation at all? Thanks!

As long as you was your face after exercise, it really shouldn't have an impact. Also make sure to drink plrenty of water to replace the lost sweat (you probably know this). If anything, the strenuous exercise on a daily basis is good for the skin.

My personal experience is that it does. when I feel my forehead get really sweaty I tend to break out in that area after a couple of days. Why? I don't know.l

As long as you was your face after exercise, it really shouldn't have an impact. Also make sure to drink plrenty of water to replace the lost sweat (you probably know this). If anything, the strenuous exercise on a daily basis is good for the skin.

sweat glands and oil glands arent related

Spoken like a person with dazzling IQ. Without sweat, you wouldn't exist. Now try to comprehend sentence 2 and you will realize how awesome God really was. Key word = was. Hehe.

yeah necro wtf? lol :lol:

if i dont have a shower after a workout i get acne. i don't think its a good idea to let sweat sit around on your skin if you can help it

Sweat doesn't help your skin by any means but it shouldn't be the sole cause of acne. Just schedule your exercise routine around your washing patterns. I wake up, exercise, shower and go through my day. Haven't seen my face change much from.

Sweat glands and sebaceous glands are separated, and sweat doesnt cause acne.

Sweat is perspiration, which means when the body overheats due to exercise/or from a heat source, the body releases water (which is the compound that absorbs heat and makes us hot) to cool the body down. Perspiration is water along with added chemicals like vitamins, salt, amino acids ect which are un-needed.

Oil however originates from the sebaceous glands, and is the main factor of acne. Oil is produced naturally to keep the skins moisture levels correct, but in acne suffers they over produce oil and that breaks down the keratin in the skin, which in turn collapes the cell that ends up blocking the pores of the skin. This then becomes infected and causes whiteheads/acne.

black heads are cells that collapse and don't get infected, the "black" that you see inside the pore isnt dirt, its keratin.

So to summarise, when you sweat, acne suffers are more likely to get infected pores/dirt trapped from the sticky surfaces sweating creates causing people to believe sweating causes acne.

Oil however originates from the sebaceous glands, and is the main factor of acne. Oil is produced naturally to keep the skins moisture levels correct...

Hi. I just started accutane a few days ago due to my extremely persistent acne. Its the last straw for me and im really hoping it will pull through. Im a dancer so i sweat pretty much all day. My mom isnt sure how much my skin is ever going to clear up due to the fact that i sweat so much, but i havent heard much about sweat while looking over everyones topics. Does sweat make acne worse?...does is have any correlation at all? Thanks!

I don't know if it's in my head but I always feel dirtier and like my skin has more issues during sweaty season. That's one reason I like the cold months..feels cleaner, albeit drier. But it's oily and greasy skin that gives me probs, not dry skin. I don't have to take as many showers in cold months either (daily vs usually 2 in summer).