Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Qazzi123

Problem: tossing head during sleep = bloody cheeks

I have acne on my cheeks and the skin on it is very flaky/sensitive. When I sleep and wake up I notice that my pillowcase has blood stains and yellow stains on it. Obviously this from the abrasion of my cheeks on my pillow when I'm tossing and turning when I sleep. This is preventing my cheeks from ever healing..it's just constantly bloody and irritating and probably spreading bacteria (one of the reasons my acne is predominantly on my cheeks?)

Any of you had to deal with this? I do change my pillowcase every night but it still doesn't help the skin on my cheeks heal. I tried putting a bandaid on it once but the bandaid was SO sticky it HURT to take it off and probably did more harm than good.

Ouch. Do you have severe acne? It sounds like it. I have moderate acne, and when I sleep, nothing happens. I'm sure I put oil/dead skin on my pillowcase, but nothing more. Have you been to a derm about your acne?

No it's not even really severe..it's just a small clump of spots that just always seem to be flaky and never seem to heal.

Vaseline petrolatum jelly dabs and a bandaid. On each spot. That will protect the lesions and save your pillowcase! You could also use an antibiotic cream or ointment. Polysporin is usually better than neosporin as neosporin has an ingredient (antiobiotic) that more people are allergic or sensitive to.