Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
herroyalhighness

Super sensitive skin

I apparently have very sensitive skin because my skin is reacting strangely to the DK products. I have only used the benzoyl peroxide (2.5%) twice, and only at night. The after the first night I washed it off in the morning and applied moisturizer and my face was bright red in different spots all day, accompanied by painful itchiness. So...the second night I used a very small amount of BP and washed it off in the morning and applied moisturizer. I experienced a little less redness and still very itchy. Is benzoyl peroxide something my skin will get used to? I want clear skin enough that I can deal with itchness for a week or so, but I would like to try and find out if the itchy/redness will stop. Has anyone experienced this before?

The first week can be pretty rough, dry, red, irritated skin. I would say it should go away, unless you are allergic, but usually there is swelling involved with that. If it does not go away after a week or you just can't take it anymore than stop and try something else. It should be noted that it takes a lot longer than a week to get adjusted to BP. It took me about 3 months and I still have itchy skin sometimes.

The first week can be pretty rough, dry, red, irritated skin. I would say it should go away, unless you are allergic, but usually there is swelling involved with that. If it does not go away after a week or you just can't take it anymore than stop and try something else. It should be noted that it takes a lot longer than a week to get adjusted to BP. It took me about 3 months and I still have itchy skin sometimes.

exactly, its prob your skin adjusting. I know its frustrating with the redness and dry skin but your skin is just getting use to it. It took me close to 4 1/2 months to adjust to it now its not so bad.

Try applying 4-5 drops of jojoba oil all over your face after cleansing and before bp, it helps prepare your skin for the bp. You can also put 2-3 drops in your miosturizer. You should see quick results.

People with sensitive skin can have a hard time adjusting. But if you are experiencing redness/itching/swelling/crusting those are allergy signs and you shouldn't use it.

If you aren't allergic, you can continue to use it in small increments as you have been doing and see if your skin will get accustomed to it.

Thank you! I have lessened the amount I used originally and added some aloe vera gel in with the moisturizer, and so far it is not red or itchy. Yay! :) I think my skin will get used to it as long as I go slow and use the aloe. Thanks again for all your help.