Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ben123

Minocycline.. 50mg to 100mg, is this a problem?? help plz

Earlier this summer I was prescribed 100mg of minocycline morning and night. I never took the pills but went to another derm, and she gave me a perscription for 50mg morning and night. I have been taking the 50mg for the last 3 weeks, it helped but not much.. then yesterday my face started to break out again bad. So I found the 100mg pills and started taking those in place of the 50. Is it bad to bump my dosage up? Can this clear my face better? Faster? Info pleaseee

Thankyou

Ben

btw. i'm 21 yrs old- 155lb male with oily skin

Earlier this summer I was prescribed 100mg of minocycline morning and night. I never took the pills but went to another derm, and she gave me a perscription for 50mg morning and night. I have been taking the 50mg for the last 3 weeks, it helped but not much.. then yesterday my face started to break out again bad. So I found the 100mg pills and started taking those in place of the 50. Is it bad to bump my dosage up? Can this clear my face better? Faster? Info pleaseee

Thankyou

Ben

btw. i'm 21 yrs old- 155lb male with oily skin

Sounds as though we are in the same situation. I started on 50mg mino and then my Doc up'd me to 100mg, i only take it once a day. I dont think you have anything to fear by taking the higher dosage, your skin may dry out a bit more than usual. But seeing as you have oily skin, like myself, it probably shouldnt be too severe. I wouldn't sweat it too much man. Best of luck!

I found mino to help but seems like i relapse every couple of weeks and get a couple of nodules here and there. As for smaller acne it completley clears it.

Do you guys get any of the side effects by taking 200mg a day?? cause i have been taking it for a week and a half and i feel dizzy at times confused...