Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jb679

Moisturizer help.

Ok i have a major moisturizer problem going on here. Dan's moisturizer simply doesn't control flakes well enough, period. I've even tried putting drops of joba joba oil in it but it doesn't work. The only thing i found that does work is 2 pumps of dan's and a little bit of cetaphil mixed in with it, and then more joba joba. Only problem is it makes my face red!! Can anyone recommed a GOOD moisturizer that doesn't have this kind of effect on my skin. What does everyone else use?

I use complex 15. Plenty of people use it on this forum. However, it doesn't contain jojoba oil. Its derm recommended and is oil-free, fragrance free and non-comedogenic.

Cetaphil lotion is a nice moisturier to control flakes. I know dans caused a burning sensation on my skin even without BP. I would try cetaphil by itself, without anything added to see if it causes irritation or not.

Call me nuts but I use olive oil. 3-4 drops on the tips of your fingers and then pat on your face, then gently rub in like your bp until unslippery. Unslippery is not the right word but, you will notice the difference.

As a test, try it on your jaw line or nose, or some place that's not a breakout zone for you,