Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mooshu

exfoliate everyday?

Dan's bp is making my skin really dry, even if i put moisturizer on you can still see A LOT of flakes.

Right now i exfoliate 3 times a week and i don't think it's enough so is it okay if i exfoliate everyday?

Not a good idea to constantly be removing skin from your face. I would cut back on the amt. of BP you are using and up the amt. of moisturizer you are using. Cetaphil covers flakes really well and at night you can apply jojoba oil to it. This should do the trick of getting rid of flakes.

I'm sort of having the same problem, except I haven't been exfoliating. I just started about 6 days ago, and my skin is soo dry..but I'm still breaking out. I'm afraid that if I cut back on the BP and put more lotion on my face, I'll continue to break out. I guess I'm a little unsure of what to do?

I'm sort of having the same problem, except I haven't been exfoliating. I just started about 6 days ago, and my skin is soo dry..but I'm still breaking out. I'm afraid that if I cut back on the BP and put more lotion on my face, I'll continue to break out. I guess I'm a little unsure of what to do?

Dan's bp is making my skin really dry, even if i put moisturizer on you can still see A LOT of flakes.

Right now i exfoliate 3 times a week and i don't think it's enough so is it okay if i exfoliate everyday?

Isn't everyday alittle too often? I use a scrub and let the next day rest. Your skin needs time to regenerate no?

Be careful is the BP2.5% makes your skin very dry or irritated ,maybe let your skin get used to the BP2.5% first and then exfoliate more.

What do you use to exfoliate now? JW...because I found that some scrubs can make my skin break out. I just recently have been looking at home-made exfoliants though, because a) I don't have to buy more products that I may not use, and b) I don't have to use a washcloth or facial buff which can harbor more bacteria. I was thinking of using a sugar scrub....I think the sugar crystals are definitely stronger than facial buffs or other types of exfoliants (like the st. ive's apricot scrub...it always feels like there aren't enough particles to actually do the job). I think that because it would be a more intense scrub, doing it only 2-3 times a week could be much more effective than what you may be using now?

If you're interested, this is a website that I was looking at tonight....Homemade Sugar Scrub

I'm going to buy the products tomorrow, but let me know if you try it!

I exfoliate using my Cetaphil gentle cleanser and baby hair brush as often as needed. This can sometimes be once daily or every other day. Some weeks it may just be 2 or 3 times. Without creating hard or fast rules as to when I should or shouldn't, I 'listen' to my skin and respond to what it needs. Baby hair brush gets rid of flakes really well. Moisturiser can then take care of the rest.

I also exfoliate a couple of times a week with a raw organic honey mask. I have been experimenting by mixing the honey with raw oats, raw organic sugar or sea salt flakes for exfoliating. So far I think I like the sugar best. Leaves my skin feeling really soft and smooth.