Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jen121

Which is better to dry with?

What do you prefer to use?

Sometimes my mom uses a strong detergent that bugs me, I know I'm paranoid but do you think it could make a difference?

Er, do you mean dry the dishes (because of the mention of detergent) or your hands, or your face?

Paper towel is hygienic unless you have a cloth towel that's hung up to dry and is washed frequently and is ONLY used to dry dishes.

I moved the topic to Nutrition and Holistic health as it fits better here than in Acne.org regimen. ;)

I use a paper towel always even when I get out of the shower I dont use a regular towel. I have very sensitive skin and even patting my face with a towel makes me break out

Yeah I have been debating this for the past couple of weeks, so I thought I'd ask you all.

I didn't know what paper towels were made of, paper? but what else? I know the ingredients in tissues say sodium lauryl sulfate!

Yeah I have been debating this for the past couple of weeks, so I thought I'd ask you all.

I didn't know what paper towels were made of, paper? but what else? I know the ingredients in tissues say sodium lauryl sulfate!

I just press a towel to my face to collect excess moisture after washing. Doesn't aggravate me, and I don't see how it could.

I have always thought that it is best to use a cloth towel that has been washed in very gentle detergent. Paper towels, and kleenex and other stuff like that have chemicals in them that are probably more irritating than the laundry detergent.

I have always thought that it is best to use a cloth towel that has been washed in very gentle detergent. Paper towels, and kleenex and other stuff like that have chemicals in them that are probably more irritating than the laundry detergent.

really? Hmmmm... I wish I could convince my mom to stop using that detergent. She just buys whats on sale, plus she thinks I'm OCD about all that chemical/skin stuff.

Oh well...

really? Hmmmm... I wish I could convince my mom to stop using that detergent. She just buys whats on sale, plus she thinks I'm OCD about all that chemical/skin stuff.

Oh well...

AIR DRY!! LOL.... are you guys seriously telling me you have never air dried your face? I would NEVER let either of those touch my face.... even paper towel isnt just paper... it has ingredients in it that helps soak up water... in other words.... chemicals.... Honestly if you MUST use something to dry your face if you are impatient to let your skin air dry, buy some of those cotton pads and dab your face off with one or two. Anyway good luck!! :)

So, now I start wondering what the hell is in a paper towel:

"In addition to cellulose fibers (what 5th graders will think of as paper),

paper towels that are printed contain colored pigments to produce the

color, some brands contain a low level of a low foaming surface active

substance to make water absorb more rapidly but without foaming, and a low

level of binder (glue -- that keeps the fibers from falling apart when they

become wet). This provides a modest amount of so called "wet strength".

Some more expensive brands will also contain an additive that will make the

paper towel feel "soft" rather than "rough". Even the lowly paper towel is

a pretty highly engineered product!!" So says the US government aka The Man

I think I might switch back to a regular cloth towel . . . Might be a pain in the butt, though . . .

I've wondered about air drying. When I've tried it, my nasolabial area starts to chap. My lips start to chap if any liquid touches them and isn't immediately followed by lip balm. Is it the same problem? My skin just hates me?

Detergent is a very important factor to consider with any skin condition. I used to have KP all over my arms (those little dry bumps) and when I bought a natural, unscented, eco-friendly detergent they just vanished a few weeks later.

I recommend buying maybe a dozen wash clothes and dry the face with a fresh one every other day or so.

But seriously, just spend the $10 or so on some better detergent, you've probably spent a lot of money on your acne already, and this might make a difference.

Option 3: Air

-Cleanest way

-Cheapest way

-Most acne friendly way

-Doctors don't wipe their hands with towels before they dive into your body cavity with blood and guts, so why would you?

-Cleanest way

-Cheapest way

-Most acne friendly way

-Doctors don't wipe their hands with towels before they dive into your body cavity with blood and guts, so why would you?

-Cleanest way

-Cheapest way

-Most acne friendly way

You beat me to it, Necromancer! Your face will dry itself. 20 mins max.

-Cleanest way

-Cheapest way

-Most acne friendly way

You beat me to it, Necromancer! Your face will dry itself. 20 mins max.