Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mrs. Stewart

bumps under eyes

I have had these white bumps under my eyes forever, it seems. One of them did get really big and I was able to squeeze it and it never came back. Mostly, the skin is just too thin and sensitive that I am afraid to do anything. I did try one product (Yonka Photo-Contour cream) that said it would get rid of it, but it hasn't seemed to do anything at all. I have figured out through research on the internet that they are just hard closed comedones. I do have problems with acne and a lot of scarring. I ordered a couple differnent peel systems today to help with this, but I am sure they are all too strong to use on the under-eye area. Does anyone else have a problem with these, and/or know what I can use? Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty sure what you're talking about is milia. I have them too, but luckily they're small enough that they don't bother me...hell, I didn't even realize they were abnormal til recently.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001367.htm

Try going there for information....

Hey, thanks! I didn't realize they were abnormal until recently, either, but then they REALLY started to bother me - lol!! I did some reading, and the only solution I have seen is exfoliation and peels. What do I do for the under eye area, though? I have tried exfoliating with some microderm cream, but it is just too rough. I don't know how strong of peel I can use without doing damage, because they all say to keep away from under eye area. Any suggestions?

if you can see like a tiny white spot on it. than yeah it's milia, if you can and it's more of a flesh colored hard bump than i don't know what it is. but if you have the one where you can see white of it use extra virgin olive oil!! i think it has really high anti septic properties plus its not so harsh. i used it on one of my milia and it went away within a week.

sometimes i can pop them. when i can't, i pick them off with a tweezer. my mom supposedly had them really bad and even the dermatologist couldn't do anything about them...