Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
benwolves

Calling all men with acne

Is there anyone on here who just "grew out of it?" Im 23 and get regular whiteheads either side of my chin and along my jaw line. Also the odd one on the corners of my lips and the odd one above the top lip.

I am never covered in acne but never 100% clear either. Always 5 or 6 whiteheads, just enough for me to get upset about it. Derm said everyone in their 20's has this(no they dont, I dont know anyone else in my social circle or at both the companys I work for with even mild acne!)and I could not have tane! Even though I have tried absoulutley everything and becasue Ive tried everything my GP was happy to refer me for tane.

This mild acne is so constant and shows no signs of slowing down, I really think Im going to be one of these people who has teenage acne into their early 30's :redface::(

Did anyone on here notice their acne slowing down and eventually just stopping by itslef come mid twentys?

I just made a post about this...I hate to say but i was thinking the same thing at age 23. Fast foward five years later and im still struggling.

Acne is a bitch!

Thats so disheartning to hear its even physically possible to get acne at 28! Oil production should have slowed right down by then!

What annoys me is Ive has acne for 10 years and in those 10 years the treatments offerd to me by my GP have never changed. o what on earth is being done in terms of reaserch/curing acne? What is being done about the relation between testoserone blockers and acne? I think this is a bullet proof cure, proper scientists could easily knock up a testosterone blocker to cure acne!

Ill buy Tane private, I am not having another 10 years of these pointless whiteheads!!!!!

I have acne and I'm 27! If you do get accutane I advise you to be monitored by a private derm when you are taking it.

I haven't taken it yet, but I might well get it round to it soon, if I see no progress.

Is there anyone on here who just "grew out of it?" Im 23 and get regular whiteheads either side of my chin and along my jaw line. Also the odd one on the corners of my lips and the odd one above the top lip.

I am never covered in acne but never 100% clear either. Always 5 or 6 whiteheads, just enough for me to get upset about it. Derm said everyone in their 20's has this(no they dont, I dont know anyone else in my social circle or at both the companys I work for with even mild acne!)and I could not have tane! Even though I have tried absoulutley everything and becasue Ive tried everything my GP was happy to refer me for tane.

This mild acne is so constant and shows no signs of slowing down, I really think Im going to be one of these people who has teenage acne into their early 30's :redface: :(

Did anyone on here notice their acne slowing down and eventually just stopping by itslef come mid twentys?

that sounds a lot like me exept I am 24. what your derm said about everyone having this is bullshit!

i got offered tane 3 years ago and i declined because i thought i could fight it out but i am really starting to regret that decison. I feel like i am in no mans land now because i reckon my acne i sto mild for tane but still strong enough to fight topicals. I'm seeing a doc next week so I'll see how it goes.

I'm just going to lay it on the line and say a decade of this shit is just too much and i want to end this once and for all