Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chris897

Fruit Of The Earth Aloe Vera Gel

Hey,

I have just recently found this product on this site and read over all of the reviews and they are extremely positive for dryness, irritation and of course.. acne!

Right now I am on the DKR using dans BP and mositurizer and cetaphil cleanser. I want a more natural non-irritating method of skincare so I have almost decided to buy Aloe Vera by FOTE and try it out for a week or so. The thing I am MOST scared of right now is that it wont work as well as I think, and does anyone think making the sudden transition from BP to this would cause bad acne temporarily?

Also does anyone else use this product? If you do please tell me your experiences with it and how I should be using it? I have kind of sensitive skin and mild-moderate acne but I use BP now so I don't really have any acne but the dryness is really pissing me off lol. Plus I heard BP can be damaging in the long run so I would like to change ASAP.

Thanks

it's a very good product. The only problem is that it doesn't moisturize quite as well as a normal moisturizer, a problem easily solved by using a 70% aloe, 30% moisturizer mixture. You won't break out, and if you're using a mild moisturizer to begin with, you should be fine.

Thanks Molly and ignorance.

Molly, I am actually thinking of completely stopping BP and doing the following regimen:

- Cleanse with Cetaphil

- Apply Aloe Vera

- Apply Moisturizer if needed

I may still keep BP handy for those big pimples if I ever get any (god forbid). But I do not want to continue using BP all over my face for much longer and I have heard that FOTE can fight pimples quite well and is also moisturizing in itself which will save me some time doing my regimen. Apparently I have some Aloe Vera growing in my garden but I think I will just try the FOTE stuff first lol.

ignorance is bliss,

I probably wont need a strong moisturizer anyways seeing as pre-BP my face was quite evenly balanced when it came to moisture. I do use Dan's moisturizer which I absolutely love and I know doesn't break me out. The only thing that I can think of breaking me out right now is if the Aloe Vera isn't all it's hyped up to be acne fighting wise.

By the way, does this Aloe Vera stuff work within 1 week? Or is it like BP where you have endure 2-3 weeks of shitty skin before it starts to take effect?

Go Nubian heritage black soap. It has oats and aloe vera in it and the lotion that goes with it moisturizes great too. This stuff is so official its crazy. I keep up using it, ill be the one bringing sexy back lol. Trust me, try it www.skinvolved.com

By the way, does this Aloe Vera stuff work within 1 week? Or is it like BP where you have endure 2-3 weeks of shitty skin before it starts to take effect?

I don't see how aloe can prevent breakouts, but it is suppose to help dry them up after they already have appeared. It is a good moisturizer too. Keep us posted on your results. I thought about doing this once, but I asked myself, "How in the world is this going to prevent breakouts?"

Ok, I have just gone and purchased Aloe Vera and will keep up to date how it goes if I remember. I am not going to apply BP tonight and instead in it's place I will apply this. I am not expecting to get no new pimples tomorrow because I wont be doing BP anymore. I just want to see how well this goes against acne.

I love FOTE aloe vera gel! I also use it as a hair gel! Its great. I mix aloe vera with my cetaphil cream during the day! (read signature; below)

Thanks Molly and ignorance.

Molly, I am actually thinking of completely stopping BP and doing the following regimen:

- Cleanse with Cetaphil

- Apply Aloe Vera

- Apply Moisturizer if needed

Hi Tash,

I have been using the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. Thank you for the tip about mixing the moisturizer with the Aloe Vera I will try that if I even need a moisturizer (prob will).

I've been reading up more on Aloe Vera (I haven't used it yet) and apparently it doesn't completely stop pimples from forming, but keeps them un-inflamed. But yeah so far there's a good chance this will work for me but obviously I am scared because I am coming off BP as of tonight but yeah fingers crossed...

Hi Tash,

I have been using the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. Thank you for the tip about mixing the moisturizer with the Aloe Vera I will try that if I even need a moisturizer (prob will).

I've been reading up more on Aloe Vera (I haven't used it yet) and apparently it doesn't completely stop pimples from forming, but keeps them un-inflamed. But yeah so far there's a good chance this will work for me but obviously I am scared because I am coming off BP as of tonight but yeah fingers crossed...

Ok, It has been an hour since I applied Aloe Vera and I am so far impressed. No redness, minor flaking. I think the only reason I have a lot of flakes right now is because I have JUST come off of BP and I haven't given my skin enough time to recuperate yet. I ended up putting my moisturizing cream on about 15mins after application of aloe.

I am really hoping that things will only better (but I have to expect pimples or else I will get upset when they arise).

I'll tell you, straight up after using it for years:

1.) It's a very weak moisturizer UNLESS you apply it directly AFTER taking a shower. I mean once you get out of the shower and pat down your face, immediately apply this as a moisturizer. If you wait until your skin dries a bit then this aloe won't do you too much good.

2.) Initially if you have sensitive skin you may find a bit of irritation on your face. This is most likely because they throw other junk in the mix (if you can, grow your own aloe plant).

3.) Won't hardly do a thing for redmarks, but you're free to test it out yourself.

4.) If you have active acne this shouldn't make it worse but it certainly won't hardly help at all.

I use it because I hate the greasy feel of 95% of the moisturizers out there, although they are more practical for seriously dry skin.

-Good luck!

Ok 1 day on FOTE and so far I have seen very minor negative results.. and my complexion has improved a bit. I haven't gotten any breakouts yet so that a BIG plus. But I am still a bit flaky around my chin and lower cheeks but I believe thats because I'm using too much (I'll cut down soonish). Although my lower face is still kinda dry it is a LOT better than when I was on BP, because I don't have to rapidly re-apply the moisturizer 3-5 times after putting BP on. I would not recommend using FOTE without another moisturizer so far, but the dryness may subside soon. I'll continue to keep you all updated if anyone even cares lol.

Oh yeah and it makes my eyes water for a minute or so (not severely).